1150GS Hesitant throttle response.

Splink143

Reaction score
When riding on a steady throttle it runs fine. When I accelerate nothing happens at first but then as I open the throttle further it suddenly surges forward. Is this a well known fault? Does anyone know what's at fault? Any help would be gratefully received.

Single spark engine or twin spark engine ? Mileage ? Last serviced? Just started happening ? Intermittent problem? Hot or cold engine make a difference ? ...... any suggestions to help with a problem can only be as helpful as the information given.

Single spark engine or twin spark engine ? Mileage ? Last serviced? Just started happening ? Intermittent problem? Hot or cold engine make a difference ? ...... any suggestions to help with a problem can only be as helpful as the information given.

Thanks Steptoe, all good questions. Single spark 2001 bike. 45k miles, last serviced about 5k miles ago. K&N filter, 1200 injectors fitted 6k ago. Remus tail pipe but still has the cat. Coded Motronic plug adjusted (A mod suggested by you I think). The fault started 2-300 mls ago as a slight delay in throttle response and is getting more pronounced. I'm not sure about hot/cold engine but maybe not starting as instantly as normal. Everything is in good order, battery is only 1k mls old.

last time fuel filter changed maybe worth a look while in there any splits in piping attached to fuel pump...........

last time fuel filter changed maybe worth a look while in there any splits in piping attached to fuel pump...........

I hadn't thought of that, I changed the fuel filter yesterday and checked the pipework. I also changed the TPS and balanced the throttle bodies. One of those seems to have cured the the fault. Thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom