Fancy trying a big Guzzi but....

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
No dealers seem to stock anything over the v9's. Aren't the biguns officially imported?

Fancy a newish 1400 Audace or California.

Thinking of moving from a GSA back to a muscle bike and was set on going back to a Triumph Thunderbird Storm till I saw the Audace. Looking for cubes and character with a modicum of handling.

new, they are built to order , dealers try not to have them in stock , but i would have thought there would be a new one somewhere in the UK.

Arsey had one and took it to the Vercors, he liked it I believe.

No, Gorge du Tarn.
Loved it and should have kept it.

807a94df4f357b0a7c3f5d40d3a1176b.jpg

37964d756632c07fc188b09187e4ce5f.jpg

0dcc9e1cfc4b91584e03defdc0d66c25.jpg

Only sold it as I bought an old 850T3.
Subsequently took the T3 away and realised the riding position was horrid,but the Audace had already gone.
I’ve now got my RKS which I probably prefer but the Audace was a cracking bike.
Plenty of poke and loads of character.Not a one trick pony like a Rocket 3.
The only negative was the bars caused a slight tightness in the middle of the back but it never got bad, even on a long day out.
Did about 2000 miles on mine in under a week down to the Tarn Gorge and back.Just fit Hepco and Becker C-Bow luggage and off you go.Bloody wide though !!

Arsey, thanks for that, very useful especially the luggage bit.

Did you ever do 2 up on it. I have a requirement to take wife on back. The one currenly for sale in Manchester does have a sissy bar and it looks ok.

It does look very similar to the thunderbird storm although that was parallel and had 300 more cc's. The bars look identical.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Arsey, thanks for that, very useful especially the luggage bit.

Did you ever do 2 up on it. I have a requirement to take wife on back. The one currenly for sale in Manchester does have a sissy bar and it looks ok.

It does look very similar to the thunderbird storm although that was parallel and had 300 more cc's. The bars look identical.

Yes but not long distance.
It had a pillion seat that you bolted to back of rider seat.Not the greatest perch but not bad.

They sometimes come up on the faecbook pages.
Worth joining - if you can put up with faecbook. :nenau

Tried my brothers California, really liked it. Tried the Audace, nope not for me. Tried the Eldorado, it's in the garage, luv it.

Tried my brothers California, really liked it. Tried the Audace, nope not for me. Tried the Eldorado, it's in the garage, luv it.
The Cali and audace look so similar. Was its just the riding position. Looks like the Audace puts you slightly more forward.

Back
Top Bottom