Anyone used this setup?

Neil12GS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have binned the Nav6 as I did not rate it and constant connection issues.
I now have my iPhone connected to a wireless charger clicked into the Nav mount.
I have been using the Cardo Packtalk bold with inc headset and mic, but the fit and sound quality I feel could be better.
I am thinking of changing the headset to a separate lavalier mic and standalone in ear buds connected into a splitter and then into my intercom.
Just waiting for the splitter to arrive but the in ear buds are so much better. Acts as ear buds for noise reduction and the sound quality is so much better than stick on speakers.
A bit of a faff putting them in and out but worth it.
Can’t find anyone who has done it eg YouTube etc ??

Not in UK, but as above, in certain Europe countries…

france banded the use of personnel earpieces in vehicle's and motorbikes back in 2015, upto 135 euro fine

There is no "upto" with a fine in France, it is either €135 or it is not, no variables involved.

Unless you go go for buds with expanding foam tips, then your wasting your time.

Std buds with the PU type tips have zero external noise dampening, so the engine , road & wind noise will make them useless

If you want buds in your ears, you either need the driver units set into a moulded plug, or rammed in so far as to make them painful to wear on anything other than a

nip to the shops.

Believe me i've tried, and that includes trying to make my own moulded plugs with the driver units in.

if using ear buds as i do, you cant beat comply foam tips or equivalent, very good and very comfortable.

I’m told speeding is and parking on the pavement, but (as with many other things) they are only illegal if you get caught.

that is the ONLY offence...

being found drunk and disorderly
being found speeding
being found parking on the pavement

its the being found that is the issue

I use Etymotic ear buds with the soft rubber mushroom type ends, plugged into the output socket on the Packtalk Bold. Great external sound removal and superb music sound quality 👍

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom