knee braces anybody wear them?

bowser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking for any advice on specific knee braces, either the POD K4/k8 and the leatt x frame hybrid, any pros and cons with either.
I know its specific but they are the only 3 that are approved as medical knee braces, and both can be worn and used without the kneecap protection, I am after them to use for the brace abilities not the protection from impact, but that I can wear on the bike.

CTi braces are medical spec and you can get a pack that includes a patella guard. I have two that I haven’t got found to selling yet and you’re welcome to try if you want.

They’re used by Lyndon Poskitt and other professional off road riders.

I have a pair of Asterisk that work well for me. Wouldn’t dare ride off road without them these days.

IMG_1238.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At this point I am willing to give anything a try but I thought CTI were all custom made, and I am really not in the 800 a pair bracket

I use the Pod K8 Carbon’s and all I can say is that they feel very solid and I can wear them all day without discomfort riding. Took a bit of getting used to. Trouser choice is important to make sure there is good room to move. Kneeling down wearing them is very odd which can be a disadvantage when green Laning and fixing
Bike issues.

Easy to put on. Under socks are essential to stop any rubbing I’d say.

cheers for that, I am looking at the K4 as I cant afford the K8 and the design of both is exactly the same just one carbon and one not, I am planning to run them without the impact protection so I would assume that the kneeling bit is easier without.

CTi braces are medical spec and you can get a pack that includes a patella guard. I have two that I haven’t got found to selling yet and you’re welcome to try if you want.

They’re used by Lyndon Poskitt and other professional off road riders.

I have a pair of Asterisk that work well for me. Wouldn’t dare ride off road without them these days.

View attachment 501495
View attachment 501496
View attachment 501497

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use CTI too, which were custom made, medical braces. I always use them off road too, even on long multi day trips. I had asterisk before but quickly sold them for the CTI’s. I think if it’s for medical use as opposed to just protection it’s worth spending the money to get them fitted.
As I have a load of tin and screws holding one leg together the off the shelf didn’t work for me.

I got mine fitted here https://activ8rehab.co.uk/ossur-cti-ots-&-custom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear them for off-road riding only.

I have the Pod K4’s as those were the ones that fitted me best when I went to SuperMx in Oxford and tried on different brands.

I find them to be comfortable for al day riding, but as mentioned before check out what you are wearing over the top of them to make sure there is enough space. The other ones that a few folk are now buying due to their low profile fit, are the Mobius, and these are getting very good reviews, but they are quite expensive and not sure they’re quite what you are looking for as a medical only solution.

Back
Top Bottom