Battery chargers.

Jes1206

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before but I need a new charger. My old hein Geri let one has given up the ghost.
I’m looking at the optimate 4/5 vs the original Bmw + one. Any thoughts on which is best or worse would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this one suitable for canvas equipped bikes? I was thinking about the convenience of plugging it straight in to the aux socket.
Thanks.

Have recently got the BMW charger for Bus equipped machines,real good,plug in to aux socket and forget about it. Some say you have to plug in within 15 mins of ignition on, but the charger connects to the Bus at any time you turn it on,some good deals on E Bay.

I’ve seen them on eBay at decent prices, optimates as well. Thanks for the input.

The Optimate is the cheaper way, while the BMW charger is equipped with a LCD display and brings brings information through text rather than a combination of LEDs.
They both work equally well.

Personally I use the Optimates, but I must admit that the Optimate system of using LED combinations is a bit confusing. However, as I don't hardly ever look at the chargers (they just work), I find no value in paying extra for a display that is hardly ever looked at...

And my experience with the use of the AUX inlet is the same as @Combine man. I have connected the charger to a timer that activates the chargers for a couple of hours once a week. Never had any issues.

Thanks for that. I’ve ordered a bmw + model as it was pretty much the same price as the optimate. Thanks for tha advice though, always welcome.

Back
Top Bottom