New to me R850R with a dead clock

pcolbeck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Just bought my first BMW this weekend a 1996 R850R. So far it seems really good though I'm being decidedly careful and slow as its my first bike in 20 years.
The one thing that isn't working is the analogue clock. Are these fused separately or am I hunting down a loos/broken wire or connection ?

Thanks

Pat

Bet the fuse has been pulled to stop battery drainage..

check out Fuse 3

Bet the fuse has been pulled to stop battery drainage..

check out Fuse 3

Could very well be as the bike was stored for a long time at one stage I think. The guy I bought it from had it seven years but put very few miles on it (he had eleven bikes and is in the process of reducing down to three or four) just changed the oil and MOTed it every year and before that looking at the history it had been laid up for a while as it had reached 32000 miles by about 2007 and has only just inched up to 36000. I'll check the fuse box.

Well it wasnt fuse 3. Cant get the adjuster to move the hands either. I'll have to take it off and have a look.

Well it wasnt fuse 3. Cant get the adjuster to move the hands either. I'll have to take it off and have a look.

It maybe an analogue clock but It’s a push adjuster, not a wind backward or forward adjuster. Push in the knob and the clock hands rotate. But, as in your case, if you have no power the hands won’t turn :D

Ahh !

Anyone know if its 12v ? I think I'll talk it off and connect it to a 12v bench PSU and see if it works. If it does there is a duff wire or connection somewhere.

Ahh !

Anyone know if its 12v ? I think I'll talk it off and connect it to a 12v bench PSU and see if it works. If it does there is a duff wire or connection somewhere.

Running off a bike battery would make it 12v...

Back
Top Bottom