VARYING HEIGHT

With your engine running and bike unloaded set the suspension preload to MIN. This is the baseline ride height that your bike is calibrated to.
Set the suspension to Auto then load the bike up, the suspension will compress and the seat will be lower.
Start riding the bike and the suspension should rise back up to the baseline setting. If the bike rises higher than the baseline setting there is something wrong.
You can of course overload the spring so the suspension is no longer able to rise back up to the baseline.

Bit of confusion on my part , but what is the high setting for apart from changing the steering geometry ( turns faster) i presumed it was for setting with a full load if you prefer not to use the auto setting if fully , fullly loaded. I will read the manual , just need to find it lol.

Bit of confusion on my part , but what is the high setting for apart from changing the steering geometry ( turns faster) i presumed it was for setting with a full load if you prefer not to use the auto setting if fully , fullly loaded. I will read the manual , just need to find it lol.

In AUTO the preload will adjust from MIN to MAX according to the load.

Thanks, but mine takes approximately 70 metres to adjust, which if you’re on a ferry/train/gravel car park is too long for me.

Fair enough. Mine probably drops (never measured it) in a shorter distance - maybe it's a time thing, not distance?

BTW, I'm a shortie at only 5'8", with the seat on high - fecked knees.

Thanks, but mine takes approximately 70 metres to adjust, which if you’re on a ferry/train/gravel car park is too long for me.

When I have to thoses tricky manoeuvres like gravel carparks and ferries I drop to the LOW setting to keep more foot on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom