Maps still not loading to Basecamp

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There’s a new map, 2022.1 plus the option in Basecamp to install to computer. However it still installs the map as locked so it shows as a base map only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a new map, 2022.1 plus the option in Basecamp to install to computer. However it still installs the map as locked so it shows as a base map only.

Well documented issue unfortunately, I have a case open with Garmin support at the moment.

Also not fixed is the “jumping via point” issue.

If you download a route with waypoints in it to the XT, then edit the way points to be via points on the device, it moves them.

Also, why can’t the XT load waypoint icons? I spend ages putting nice icons for the waypoints in V basecamp which are completely ignored when they are sent to the device.

It’s almost like the Garmin XT devs never talk to the Garmin basecamp devs.

The ‘jumping via point’ issue (there’s a thread on it, I recall) is an odd one.

The XT seems to be a curate’s egg, good in parts. I remember when the 660 was first launched, with its faster processor. That took several software updates to fix its glitches. It then turned into one of the best Garmin devices ever.

Any news on above please? I now have the same problem.

TD

Luckily my problem was solved a few weeks ago when I updated Garmin Express to the latest version 7.9.1. Unfortunately Garmin took weeks to resolve this issue and were on the brink of replacing my unit. Their level of knowledge and support was less than confidence building.

When I updated City Navigator during the week to 2022.2 it all ran seamlessly, including downloading the maps to the PC / Basecamp.

Back
Top Bottom