GSA seat slope

Well you are certainly going to get a good test ride. Messing with your bike is such a big part of bike ownership. On previous bikes I have felt a bit of an anti climax when the farkling and adjustments end . Currently messing with my new Rox riser angle and bar angle after fitting the sky high modified Rallye seat, so still in the happy period . Have a great trip.

Talking about big blokes on GS’s

Saw this on Facetube the other day.

Attachments

• 2F05E68F-D442-4E43-84AB-821512AD0E57.jpg
    2F05E68F-D442-4E43-84AB-821512AD0E57.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 284
I've got the 1200 GSA lower suspension and bad knees, so I was looking to raise the seat and lower the pegs. This obviously means my knees are not so bent and therefore more comfortable.
I bought a set of MV Motorrad lower footpegs from Motorworks which lower the pegs approx 40mm and move them forward slightly. This helped.

Next I managed to get hold of a genuine BMW GS high seat. This also helped but because I was sitting higher the next acquisition (thanks to a kindly fellow from here) was a set of bar risers.

I have topped this off with a eBay Chinese "seat lowering bracket" c/w offset rubber seat bushes that adds about another 20mm (if you use it the other way up than it was intended) (see pic) I need to lower the brake pedal slightly with a hacksaw and a welder:eek::D then I've got it set up just right I think.

Attachments

• bracket seat lower.jpg
    bracket seat lower.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 265
Hi guys, well the RDL got a good test ride yesterday from Vienna to Venice with detours for the twisties, 7hrs in the saddle. The best thing I can say is I didn't notice the seat at all. Glad I had my Warm and Safe heated gear though, it was a bit chilly across the mountains down to 2-3oC in places though the sun shone all day. As you might guess I'm a happy boy. Another 7 Hrs + today on the sofa across Italy via Tuscany to Livorno, then the ferry to Sardinia.

If its comfort and true all day long riding you want then sorry all the other manufacturers, its an RDL or saddle sore, simple as. Ps the Gripper material does what it says. No sliding around, just comfortably held in the pocket for a grateful derriere :), total bliss and a bike to match.

BigT - Good to hear of your progress and your happy backside. Are you solo or 2 up. If riding with others what are they riding. Keep us up to date buddy.

I'm solo this trip :) with my long term riding buddy who's on his Suzuki V-Strom 1000. We arrived in Sardinia this morning off the overnight ferry after a good sleep in comfortable cabins. Just arrived at a superb hotel all for €47 including breakfast. I don't know how they manage to provide such quality accomodation for such low prices but hey ho I'm not complaining.

We did 6 hrs in the saddle yesterday and another 4 today around the north of Sardinia in 21oC and a good deal of sunshine. Tomorrow the forecast is for more sun with temps rising to 25 later in the week. Happy days. The great thing is saddle soreness is history and as the new seat breaks in, it takes 500 miles or so to fully bed down, the seat will only get even more comfortable if that's possible. It's been like riding a sofa on the new seat so far.

There were 20 bikes on the ferry from all over Europe though as far as I know I was the only Brit. The new Russell seat was the focus of interest. I should be getting commission from RDL ;-) Hope your project is coming along, am sure it will be more than ready for next years season. If you should head toward Austria let me know. I can recommend many places to ride and we could maybe meet up for a schnitzel and a beer.....:)

In the meantime stay safe and well. Regards, Tony

Picked my seat up from Saddlecraft today , new cover to match the 1250 Triple Black that arrives next week, as usual an excellent job by Les and the family

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 148
This is my saddlecraft raised and levelled seat, fitted a couple of weeks ago. Its great but it does have issues.
Its soooo comfortable. Flat with firm deep padding and no sliding forward. My legs feel great and I never need to move position or even think about backside or legs. I have fitted ROX PIVOT RISERS to raise the bars and bring them closer as i now sit so far back.
Its not all good news however. My already high centre of gravity has moved up and back and the bike feels different and not in a good way. I feel like I am sitting on top of the bike and cornering just feels different, hard to explain.

Attachments

• 20211009_123318 (2).jpg
    20211009_123318 (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 137

Back
Top Bottom