Eisenberg (Kaiserslautern / Heidelberg) - Biker friendly - Hotel Waldhotel

Wapping

Reaction score
Now and again I trip over a so called, ‘Biker friendly’ hotel, that at least makes some effort at putting out some decent idea. This is one of them. That it’s not a million miles away from Luxembourg, makes it easily accessible from Calais and the North Sea ports.

https://www.waldhotel-eisenberg.de/

But it’s all in foreign, mate. Yes, but it’s easy to tap around in and (using Safari at least) translate into something pretty close to English.

Tap on ‘Angebote’ ie. ‘Specials’. Then tap on ‘Motorrad Angebote’ (you can probably guess what that is) which will bring you to:

https://www.waldhotel-eisenberg.de/motorrad-urlaub/

Scroll down, past what are ‘Biker deals’ on rooms etc, right to the bottom, to arrive at ‘Themen’. Now tap on ‘Motorrad’. Scroll down to ‘ Tourenvorschläge Waldhotel Eisenberg’, which is ‘ Tour suggestions Waldhotel Eisenberg’. There you’ll find five downloadable GPX files of suggested motorcycling routes, all radiating out from the hotel. Tap on each. The routes download well. Each is about 170 miles, so by no means exhausting but it would be easy to mix and match bits to make something closer to say, 250 miles. But hey, it’s your holiday, not mine. Do whatever you like.

Hopefully, this shows that stuff is out there, is free, is reasonably easy to find and is easy to just tap around in, not least as you can’t break it. Learn or remember just a couple of words (how difficult is it to remember, motorrad) and it becomes easier still. Is the hotel any good? I have no idea, as I have never stayed there but I doubt if it is the worst place on earth. Even if you decided not to stay there or it was full of likeminds already, I am sure just a little tapping around would find another hotel reasonably close by. Then just borrow the routes. Bingo! One all but instant holiday and for once you are not just going to the Black Forest, the Harz or even the Alps.

Have fun!

34e4dc541ea989885f097a04f78d7c84.png

Back
Top Bottom