Exped Inflatable Pillow

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought an Exped L inflatable pillow to match the Exped Downmat 10 XLW I bought a couple of months ago. I did a lot of looking at all makes / sizes before decided on this one. I must say it’s quite good. :thumb2 Two good breaths and its fully inflated. Very comfy and has a nice smooth top to it. There is a smaller one and a larger one in the range but this one is just right. It just fits into the hood of a sleeping bag so won’t go missing during the night. Saying that, there are two small loops ( one either side ) to secure it to a sleeping mat instead. Not the cheapest out there but comes with a 5 year guarantee so should last a long time. It also packs down very small too. :thumb2
https://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Exped_L_Air_Pillow/

You bought this without seeking twenty pages of advice?

Very disappointing :D

PS I would have told you to buy the Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow, size medium. But too late now.

PS I would have told you to buy the Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow, size medium. But too late now.

Nah, the Exped comfort pillow with foam I would have suggested, had he only asked!
I even found a sixpence under mine a few days after having a molar removed.

Agreed . Extremely reckless to fork out £22.04 having only done “ a lot of looking at other makes “ !
We could have all helped :)

Everyone know the Aeros Premium Pillow size large from Sea to Summit is the one to buy. Packs up very small for the weight saving conscious adventure traveller.

had one for years and they are bloody brilliant

Sorry, I will try harder next time. :D

Well, after my first trip out for a long time camping, I got a very sore neck / shoulder. :blast Bed was truly superb ( Megamat 10 ) but the pillow may not be tall enough. :nenau
Anyhow, I’ve now ordered one of these to try instead. I ordered the large size.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sea-To-S...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

It could of course be from buffeting from the ride? :nenau

Udd's
I've got one of those S2S ones, and use a soft sponge pillow on top, which works out perfect.
You get the height of the S2S but with the foam squashing to support the neck

Udd's
I've got one of those S2S ones, and use a soft sponge pillow on top, which works out perfect.
You get the height of the S2S but with the foam squashing to support the neck

Aah ok. Ta.
I’ll see how this one is compared to the Exped one. :thumb2

Well, after my first trip out for a long time camping, I got a very sore neck / shoulder. :blast Bed was truly superb ( Megamat 10 ) but the pillow may not be tall enough. :nenau

:D:D

Fold your bike pants etc, put them under the mattress....at the head end!! :D:beerjug:

See, you should have asked first.

:beerjug:
What, and have the sites resident bully spouting his shite again? :blast
Anyhow, it’s only a couple of £30-£60 pillows. :thumb2. Anything into the £100’s that I have no knowledge about then I will ask for advice. :thumb2

I’m off to look at 4 season sleeping bags next week! :D I don’t like getting cold at night.

What, and have the sites resident bully spouting his shite again? :blast
Anyhow, it’s only a couple of £30-£60 pillows. :thumb2. Anything into the £100’s that I have no knowledge about then I will ask for advice. :thumb2

I’m off to look at 4 season sleeping bags next week! :D I don’t like getting cold at night.

Sleeping bags is an easy one. Just buy either a Mountain Equipment or Rab one and you’ll get years of good service out of it.

Don’t start asking whether to get down or synthetic fill because it’s worse than asking which grade of Loctite to put on disc mounting bolts.

Don’t start asking whether to get down or synthetic fill because it’s worse than asking which grade of Loctite to put on disc mounting bolts.

One thing they do share in common are the laughable ratings.

If a sleeping bag claims to be good for -15c, it is just about good enough for a slight ground frost.

But my experience is based on a T-Shirt & underpants, and not thermal leggings, merino top, down jacket & wooly hat.

Back
Top Bottom