Waterproofing - Recommendations

SDoc 100 technical fabric & leather wash and SDoc 100 Reprofing Spray the best.

The video is of the Atlantis leather trousers. However works just as well on textile.

The folks at Hideout Leather (brilliant manufacturers and repairers) suggested i use Grangers Wash and Grangers Repel as its more effective than Nikwax, they also suggested I use Repel on new clothes to give added performance. Amazon is the best place to buy.
Has anyone tried Grangers Repel Plus? Grangers claims that it doesn’t require tumble drying for the reproof to work.

I find the most important thing is cleaning the washing machine first.
I do a drum clean cycle at 90 degrees. No detergents added. Just water. Then clean out the detergent drawer. This gets rid of the build up of detergents which will hinder the cleaning/ re proofing process.

If you spray on proofing liquid as a last stage, be careful with the overspray. I did it over a tiled floor and there is no slippier surface known to mankind than tiles with a nice layer of proofing spray. Nearly broke my neck.....
You are Roy J Plunkett and I claim a fiver!

sent some kit to grangers for there wash and reproof service, did a good job. link below.

sent some kit to grangers for there wash and reproof service, did a good job. link below.

That is a good value service. Several years ago BMW used to offer a service to clean the Atlantis suit, no longer.

quick turn around as well, pro shell jacket and pants came back clean and waterproofed what more would one need.

Had a nice chat with Customer Service, unfortunately they don't do leathers like the Atlantis.

Waterproofing your Gortex or similar gear.

1. Clean your washing machine as per Stever1 above.
2. Wash your gear in Nikwax Tech Wash as per instructions on the bottle
3. Wash your gear in Nikwax TX 10 Direct, as per instructions on the bottle
4. Iron your gear with a cool to medium hot iron to activate the water repellent properties. Obvs, don't melt your gear

Go out in the rain to test.

Back
Top Bottom