Bike failed me again

I had been looking at a couple of used bikes, both “exclusives” but it seems that the market for low mileage bikes is a real bunfight and if you snooze you lose.
I have always liked the look of the RS and having enjoyed being an albeit arthritic hooligan on my wife street triple for several weeks whilst my 2016 bike was being fixed, I thought I might go for something more sporty. I do love the boxer engine though and I was smitten by the 1250 shiftcam engine by virtue of riding a certain RT that is available for certain volunteers (I do read posts here y’know).
Anyway, I sat on a 1200 RS because the 1250 I was interested in got sent down to their other branch at Dundee. I found the tank to be too long so that the reach to the bars was probably more than I could stand even with risers.

Now my 2016 bike is a low ride chassis version, but it 2018 on tour with Sgt Bilco I managed to live with a full height bike (hexhead). I’ve sat on a couple of 1250 GS bikes and I find them OK height wise.

So I took the precaution of taking my wife with me and based on the fact that It’s probably the last big bike I’ll buy and that the pillion seat is very comfortable in the showroom, This has been purchased. (Well looked after 1200 LC on sale soon).
I think that for me, only a GS will do.

Attachments

• 2B8B8792-AC02-4C72-8CE0-49149F411F22.jpg
    2B8B8792-AC02-4C72-8CE0-49149F411F22.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 687
Nice one. If you like keeping your bike in good nick you might want to consider putting some PPF on the tank side panels as once the matt surface gets marked normal polishing can get rid of them but makes the surface shiny

I also have new Tripple Black GS. As for tank side panels, are they decals on top of the paint, so replacable, or they are under the clear coat?
I tried to understand that looking at my bike but couldn't figure it out.

Congratulations......probably the last big bike I'll buy?????? You're only a bit over 21!

Back
Top Bottom