1250 Pop Under Load c4000 rpm

I get a pop on upshift but nothing at 4000 that I’ve ever noticed.

Just a little fuel management nothing to worry, enjoy your day.

Based upon the general lack of replies I can't determine if it's a thing (and nobody else has it) or a nothing (lots have it and it's normal/not worthy of a comment) so I'll raise it at the impending 600 mile service :thumb

Have jan 21 1250gsa. Only pops on overrun at very low revs. never under load in 5000miles.

Barry

My bog-standard 1250 GS pops and bangs occasionally, usually on the overrun.

Non-issue AFAIK.

Atb
Simon

19 GSA. Gets the occasional pop under hard acceleration using the gear shift assist. Not an issue.

Could be the shift cam - mine does something like you describe although I never analysed it - just enjoy it ������

Maybe the noise is increased by not having the OE pot ? I got mine with an SC Project pot and it pops and bangs quite nicely

Thought about this and noted that mine pops or bangs on acceleration after being on the overrun. Not an issue.

I get the exact thing that you're describing on mine. Around 4200 rpm there's a little pop from the exhaust when you're on the throttle (not on overrun like many of the other comments).

My current 1250 does it, my last 1250 did it, as well as a loan 1250 I had not long ago. I assume that there's just something to do with the fuelling or something right at that rpm as it's been on all the aforementioned 1250's and happens consistently every time I pass that rpm.

I get the exact thing that you're describing on mine. Around 4200 rpm there's a little pop from the exhaust when you're on the throttle (not on overrun like many of the other comments).

My current 1250 does it, my last 1250 did it, as well as a loan 1250 I had not long ago. I assume that there's just something to do with the fuelling or something right at that rpm as it's been on all the aforementioned 1250's and happens consistently every time I pass that rpm.

I believe as others have said it’s the shiftcam engaging :thumb2

I listened and felt critically yesterday and it's definitely there - every time, just over 4000rpm, so it's good to know it's not just me.

I listened and felt critically yesterday and it's definitely there - every time, just over 4000rpm, so it's good to know it's not just me.

Good to hear it’s not just me either! Haha.

I’m not sure it’s shiftcam though, I thought that was around the 5k area under light load? Either way it seems fine enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew, glad i read this thread, mine does the same, Im new to GS's so was a bit concerned, now i dont need to be!

I haven't even noticed it on mine before reading this thread. Well, yes, it's there just as described. It pops under a load.

Not noticed it on my 21 plate GS
Will have a listen on my way home tonight

Back
Top Bottom