Repair for a Kriega backpack zip- any advice?

simondippenhall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought a used Kriega backpack on here sometime ago but only got to use it recently. Dismayed to discover the zip keeps splitting open :blast.

Looking forward advice on how and where to source a repair or replacement zip…my Googling hasn’t yielded any answers.

Thanks!

Attachments

• B1A6ED74-1276-477F-8361-4CAA8885C617.jpg
    B1A6ED74-1276-477F-8361-4CAA8885C617.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 398
Try Lancashire Sports Repairs, they're repair agents for a lot of outdoor gear brands. They should be able to sort your rucksack.

Mark.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys…seems they are taking a break from backpack zip repair due to excess demand, maybe give them a try when they resume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d start with Kriega themselves. They were pretty helpful when I had an issue on a US-30, despite me having bought it used.

Contacted Kriega and they responded very quickly…but seems my pack was made in 2010 so outside warranty period (not unreasonable) so it’s back to Lancashire Sports Repair and £40! Not my finest purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could ask at your local cobblers. You may have to provide a new zip if the zip has gone, but if it's just sewing they'll probably do it.

Happy days! Took it to my local bike gear repairer and they fitted a new runner for the princely sum of a tenner.

https://www.hill4leather.com/

On the way out I met someone who was a buyer for Motolegends and had an interesting chat (interesting for me, at least) about what gear was in short supply.

So hopefully a good few years from this pack :augie

Sorry Richard as I have way too much bike gear, and have resolved not to buy any more, I immediately wiped the information from my (small and aging) mental database…….but I do seem to remember her mention that Richa and Klim (one Belgian, one US) were having big supply delays.

Suggests you revisit the brand from where you bought it. I'm using AXE Medium Backpack. It's been more than a year to use it. Two months ago got a crash, lucky the gears saved me only had minor injuries. But the upper shield of the bag was completely destroyed. I reconnected with their support and they sent me a return label. That's how I got a new one. So you should also revisit the seller.

LSR "lost" my Rukka jacket sent for inspection, until I posted a delivered pic (thanks to Hermes). They then found it. I have also had issues with them before that. Saying that though, they have always repaired my jackets, tents and trousers but don't expect the usual Northern reliable service. I'd recommend somewhere else to be honest

Back
Top Bottom