Soft panniers and frames

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry its all new questions for me as it arrives next week i hope. Its a 2018 urban with the standard exhaust and im after some soft panniers and some frames. I have looked at the bmw ones that work for me as i want one on each side so exhaust side one needs to be smaller. SW motec ones are nice but also just looking at getting some frames and buying a canvas bag to attach to them. Any recommendations on the frames and bags, good or bad.
thanks
fraser

I’ve been using the SW Motech Legend bags and frames on my Classic and Scrambler. In essence they are the same as the BMW ones, the bags are slightly different to look at but the fittings are the same. On the Scrambler I fitted a Urban/Classic/Pure type subframe and lower silencer and I can fit a 13ltr bag on either side. I like this set up. Easy to put on and take off and they are waterproof. The frames are hardly noticeable when the bag are off. The Unit Garage rear rack fits with these frames .

I’ve been using the SW Motech Legend bags and frames on my Classic and Scrambler. In essence they are the same as the BMW ones, the bags are slightly different to look at but the fittings are the same. On the Scrambler I fitted a Urban/Classic/Pure type subframe and lower silencer and I can fit a 13ltr bag on either side. I like this set up. Easy to put on and take off and they are waterproof. The frames are hardly noticeable when the bag are off. The Unit Garage rear rack fits with these frames .

Paul , thanks for that, i have been looking at the sw bags and they look in keeping with the bike. when you say a low level exhaust do you mean the standard urban one ? I would prefer the bags to be the same as the one im looking at has a standard low pipe on it

Paul , thanks for that, i have been looking at the sw bags and they look in keeping with the bike. when you say a low level exhaust do you mean the standard urban one ? I would prefer the bags to be the same as the one im looking at has a standard low pipe on it
I’ve used a Spark.it silencer. See photo for looks.

Attachments

• 80F6ECA9-1A67-480B-9AF5-40C7075BE3A1.jpg
    80F6ECA9-1A67-480B-9AF5-40C7075BE3A1.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 213
I’ve used a Spark.it silencer. See photo for looks.

Thanks Paul, bike looks stunning. looks about the same height as the standard bmw one and spoke to motec today and they recommend only the 9.5 lt bag due to the heat of the pipe on the bottom of the bag. Have you had any issues?
Also are you running TKC 70s, how do you rate them ?

Thanks Paul, bike looks stunning. looks about the same height as the standard bmw one and spoke to motec today and they recommend only the 9.5 lt bag due to the heat of the pipe on the bottom of the bag. Have you had any issues?
Also are you running TKC 70s, how do you rate them ?
The end of the silencer is actually not hot. Just avoid any direct exhaust gasses but as I’ve got it, many happy touring miles fully loaded. TKC 70’s? I rate them. Second set and will definitely replace with the same but I’ll try the ‘Rock’ version on the rear for a bit more grip on gravel roads. Good wet or dry and last reasonably well.

Hello Fraser.

I just use one SW Motech soft bag.

The images should give you an idea of the frame / bag size for the right hand side of the bike.

The bag is the larger of the two available from SW Motech.

Hope this helps to give you an idea of perspective / sizes.

a63e8b7dcb13a7a5436b25c0763ea38e.jpg

32937c8cd6c103bfcb6c068b8662f54c.jpg

179c27735212d002241b26f4b6591da8.jpg

cacc383c4c6a4633e0c23ae6dbf75303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Fraser.

I just use one SW Motech soft bag.

The images should give you an idea of the frame / bag size for the right hand side of the bike.

The bag is the larger of the two available from SW Motech.

Hope this helps to give you an idea of perspective / sizes.

a63e8b7dcb13a7a5436b25c0763ea38e.jpg

32937c8cd6c103bfcb6c068b8662f54c.jpg

179c27735212d002241b26f4b6591da8.jpg

cacc383c4c6a4633e0c23ae6dbf75303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

thats great, thanks
Im going to get some ordered today, they do a black edition so may go for them. I spoke to sw motec and were very helpful and said if i ordered the bag and it was too big as long as its not damaged they will swap it for me, great service.
I will post some pics next week when everything arrives

Back
Top Bottom