Suspension Packages

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've done a bit of research on upgrading the suspension in my T700. There are plenty to choose from.
Has anyone here upgraded and if so, what did you go for?
Bf

It would appear that the RallyRaid/Tractive options are popular and accessible in UK

What improvements are you hoping for?

I'm playing with the rebound and compression settings at the mo.

It would appear that the RallyRaid/Tractive options are popular and accessible in UK

What improvements are you hoping for?

As I'm touching 20stone in the nip and intend to take it off-road later this year I want to get the best out of it that I can.
Im looking at the TT cartridges and a rear shock specifically Suited to my weight. They are doing a deal on the WTE extreme range and coupled with the fact we have a TT dealer here that will do the work.
I did look at RR but the brexit shite is making it difficult to get a firm price and I would travel over to the UK and let them do it if the travel mess was sorted out over here. I also looked at Andreani cartridges which get a decent review. OTR in Germany also do a couple of kits with the option to get another 30mm stroke both front and back.
Bf

If you do come over bring your rear shock RR will fit an uprated spring for you at their shop and you can buy a shed load of farkles :D

I'll be over at the start of August for the BMW off road course hopefully.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Well just sorting the T7 for the second overseas trip of the year and have to say that the Touratech cartridges and rear shock are the dogs bollix. It behaved brilliantly in Italy for the 8 days off-road and the road sections in-between. Taking it to Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo for 2 weeks and we'll see how she performs.
Bf.IMG_20210830_094304.jpg

Hey Big Fella

I think I know that bike....I may have met you at AMI.

I had a black one and sat on on yours, glad you enjoyed the trip

T7 suspension

Hello
I swapped the rear spring first 90nM kg good .BUT

I then at the start of 2021 installed the Rally Raid open cartridges.
Installed them myself, easy to follow instructions .
On smooth tarmac I cannot detect a massive difference we’ll not £700 better.
On broken tarmac and rough surface they seem a noticeable difference and
You can set the pre load with Rally Raid.Worth £700 ???
Only you can decide.
I finally changed the rear shock for a Maxton unit .GP10 shock .
Custom made to my spec,no need for hydraulic preload easy to adjust on bike .
Just under £950 and this unit has made in substantial difference very plush/compliant but when control is required over loose surfaces amazing.
Worth £900 +++ Maybe ,maybe NOT.
When and if I sell my bike all can be returned to standard and all this expensive crap can be sold on for good money ?

When the time comes you should have no problem selling them coz there's loads of T7's . I will do the same.

Mine has a Hyperpro rear shock and their progressive fork springs.

It's a massive improvement over stock and I would say it is plenty good enough for all but the quickest of off road riding.

When you up the pace on the rough, the front still feels a little harsh and crashy so I think it'll need damping improvements too to get the very best from it.

The shock on the rear is top notch though.

Back
Top Bottom