Best app for showing current speed, mileage and navigation help

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to use an old Iphone on my airhead to give me a better actual speed / mileage reading and be able to use the mapping ie similar to the Nav 5 / 6 type of info. The less data usage the better but info more important. I'm wondering if the BMW app does the job or what do others use especially those with airplay bikes.
Thanks for any info.
G

Ah now if it was an android phone I’d recommend Drive Mode Dashboard.

But they don’t do an apple version. Yet.

Try looking at Navmii

I use it and it's not bad. You download maps so very little data use. Free UK and Ireland maps. You can buy others but they're reasonable.

It's my goto App unless I'm following a GPX route, then I use Maps.me

GPS speed, never gives you your current speed, only your past speed.

Use your clocks like everyone else. If you want them calibrated, go and get them done.

Use your clocks like everyone else. If you want them calibrated, go and get them done.

It's difficult to get anyone to do the airhead clocks. There's a bloke in the US who's done mine but that does mean sending it off and being without one for some considerable time. It's also, not that cheap. GPS is accurate enough.

Maybe you can suggest where to get them recalibrated as at 45 yrs old they are a bit wild and GPS gives a clearer guide.

Ah now if it was an android phone I’d recommend Drive Mode Dashboard.

But they don’t do an apple version. Yet.
I downloaded this after reading your comment.

It's difficult to get out of.....until you realise that it's not a normal app......it installs as a Launcher.

Be warned folks.

S20 5G sent this......

Hi Tuffty, how do you transfer GPX files to your Maps.me as I'm struggling?

Back
Top Bottom