V5 Incorrect vehicle type?

Thanks for the info. If that's the case I've got better things to do than spend my time correcting DVLA's F.U. I very much doubt that I'll be driving into London and as it's been wrong for 12 years it can stay wrong.
Good luck with your quest:thumby:

To be fair it's been one Phone Call and two or three Emails.
I doubt I'll be in London any time soon but you never know....

I have just received my new V5 with the vehicle category corrected to L3. It only took 4 months. They haven't added the emissions data that was supplied on the certificate of conformity.
It is still not showing up as ULEZ compliant on the check websites, maybe it will take a few days for the change to filter through.

I've only just seen this thread and I know it's a few weeks old but, my V5 also States "M1".
I phoned DVLA this afternoon and they've promised to have it rectified within a week.
We'll see.....

I'm amazed, they've been useless with my first reg of an import. Good luck to you.

I asked for the CoC for both my GSA and for my Wife's 2000 F650GS.
Both have been sent but only mine has any meaningful Emissions Info on it.
The little Bike has only the first page and there's nothing about Emissions at all.
When I queried this with BMW, they said it's because of the age of the Bike.
It's annoying because TFL has it down as being outside of their Emissions Standards for ULEZ, meaning a £12-50 / Day Charge.
They can't have any different Info than I do so they obviously assume it doesn't Pass Muster....

I asked for the CoC for both my GSA and for my Wife's 2000 F650GS.
Both have been sent but only mine has any meaningful Emissions Info on it.
The little Bike has only the first page and there's nothing about Emissions at all.
When I queried this with BMW, they said it's because of the age of the Bike.
It's annoying because TFL has it down as being outside of their Emissions Standards for ULEZ, meaning a £12-50 / Day Charge.
They can't have any different Info than I do so they obviously assume it doesn't Pass Muster....

BMW didn’t test bikes for emissions in 2000, hence why they can’t provide the proof needed to satisfy TFL. Fortunately they started testing bikes emissions in 2002, even though they didn’t have to.

BMW didn’t test bikes for emissions in 2000, hence why they can’t provide the proof needed to satisfy TFL. Fortunately they started testing bikes emissions in 2002, even though they didn’t have to.

There we are then, thanks for that.
Interesting that TFL opt to Charge though, rather than assuming that, being a smaller Capacity Motorcycle than its Big Brother the 1200, surely it too must be Compliant.
Robbing Bastards!

New V5 in Post this Morning and TFL Website Updated to show "No Charges Apply".
About 4 weeks Start to Finish, not too bad for DVLA!

I have just received my new V5 with the vehicle category corrected to L3. It only took 4 months. They haven't added the emissions data that was supplied on the certificate of conformity.
It is still not showing up as ULEZ compliant on the check websites, maybe it will take a few days for the change to filter through.

Just had a look on https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/VehicleConfirmation and mine now has a picture of a monkey bike instead of a car, so the change on the V5 must have filtered through to their system. The next page says "No charges apply to this vehicle". Success.

Just sorting this out for my 2009 K1300GT (yes, I know it isn't a Hexhead); DVLA shows it as Vehicle Type Approval = M1. This is a 4 wheel vehicle seating up to 8 passengers!

The correct classification is L3 as noted above.

Web page says post the V5C plus covering letter and wait 3-4 weeks.

Instead I used their E-mail an Enquiry page - all went well, entered my details, reg nu, clicked NEXT or whatever thinking it would ask me what is wrong on the V5C.....instead it said "thank you for the enquiry, see email.

The email says "post your V5C, wait 3-4 weeks" etc. i.e. full circle.

BUT at the bottom of the email is a link to "reply to your enquiry"; use that and finally you can set out your issue, complete with vehicle details and the error.

Here's hoping this works without more DVLA customer discombobulation.

PS In the meantime, I contacted TfL via their "Make an Enquiry" page. Explained situation. Got reply in 48 hours with screenshot of formal letter stating bike is Congestion Charge Exempt. Result.

HTH.

It might be interesting to ride around town, Indian style (our housekeeper used to ride with wife and three kids on his Hero Honda 150) until stopped by the plod. When questioned, show him your v5. You only had four passengers, well within the limits of your vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom