I'm back thinking of an XT1200Z

Nice one Wrigsby, there are a few of us Super10 owners in South and West Wales, let us know when you are around this neck of the woods and congratulations on owning motorcycling best keep secret and the most exclusive ADV bike you can buy! :beerjug:

We'll have to have a meet up at some point and can sit at a cafe talking about these brilliant bikes and listening to the 1250 owners bitchin' about their TFT issues :)

What do you find pleasing about the ST?

A few things stand out JB.

• First the build quality is excellent and seems streets ahead of the latest GS.
  • It's feels heavier than a GS but because of that feels planted and stable. It reminds me of my old R1100GS but brought bang up to date.
  • It's got shaft drive, electronic suspension, cruise etc so has all the things I could every need and it's not over complicated.
  • It's the right price with lots of warranty.
  • They do have their little niggles but I've not heard of any with major faults and they seem to eat the mileage without hassle.
  • People say they are a little dull but it's been ECU flashed and has enough usable power for me anyway.
  • I needed another bike to do big miles on tours and don't see the latest GS's being strong enough to last the pace.

Don't get me wrong, the 1250 is a good bike but in my opinion overloaded with electronics and needless farkles which seem to be going wrong and I don't need any undue hassle when I'm leading a group down the Alcan Hwy in Alaska!!

I've been out today and done about 200 miles and it just brings a smile to my face to be honest.

• First the build quality is excellent and seems streets ahead of the latest GS.
  • It's feels heavier than a GS but because of that feels planted and stable. It reminds me of my old R1100GS but brought bang up to date.
  • It's got shaft drive, electronic suspension, cruise etc so has all the things I could every need and it's not over complicated.
  • They do have their little niggles but I've not heard of any with major faults and they seem to eat the mileage without hassle.
  • People say they are a little dull but it's been ECU flashed and has enough usable power for me anyway.
  • I needed another bike to do big miles on tours and don't see the latest GS's being strong enough to last the pace.

Don't get me wrong, the 1250 is a good bike but in my opinion overloaded with electronics and needless farkles which seem to be going wrong and I don't need any undue hassle when I'm leading a group down the Alcan Hwy in Alaska!!

I've been out today and done about 200 miles and it just brings a smile to my face to be honest.

Thanks

+1 :beerjug:

So back from my trip... 1800 miles approx and from Aberdeen to the end of Cornwall via west Wales... A good trip with some necessary motorway and plenty of good A and B roads along the way... Bike coped well with everything and apart from needing a taller screen and perhaps moving towards a standard exhaust, it is great as it is... Will post a couple of Q's in separate threads...:thumb2

I've had my Gen 2 for 5yrs and I love it, it's in surprisingly good condition considering I rarely wash it, the spokes are now grey but look like they should have always been that colour lol.

Don't discount the ZE, in the UK the spec is quite a bit better than just the electronic suspension especially if you take a pillion, they are really popular in the states and there are no horror stories about reliability.

Only bit of advice I'd give is try and get a long test ride, the bike won't set your pants on fire straight off but it really grows on you. I've looked at changing mine for a GSA or a 1290S but I grin every time I ride it and I know it'll never let me down.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

You have got this exactly right yoyo, I have looked around at other bikes but each time I ride my Gen 2 S10 I wonder what the hell am I thinking about changing it for!

If anyone is wondering if these bikes can handle big mileages, then take a look at this…. https://youtu.be/a0X0gIbN2fc

Back
Top Bottom