Hammocks

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any fans of them on here for camping? :nenau
I’ve just pre ordered the Haven XL one to try. :thumb2 Not out till September and my Exped Downmat 9 XL will for in perfectly. :thumb2 I’ve never tried a hammock before so should be fun. :D I think I prefer the lay flat type as opposed to the normal style. They normally come with their own air bed but I ordered mine without. It does come with a rain / fly sheet that attaches to the bottom. I’d have forgotten about it by September so will be a nice surprise when it turns up. :D
https://youtu.be/irkmUmr3khM

Mosquito nets are more important than anything else and make sure you know how to tie it off to the trees properly or you’ll end up with a wet arse 😀

The one I’m getting has a mozzie net. Can’t be without one of those!
I’m more worried about it snapping with my great carcass in it but I’m assured it can take a lot more weight than I am.

The one I’m getting has a mozzie net. Can’t be without one of those!
I’m more worried about it snapping with my great carcass in it but I’m assured it can take a lot more weight than I am.

Have you actually camped with all this gear yet?

I swear by them.

Got 2. One with Moz net.

If you arrive late to your chosen dossing point and the weather is OK they are brilliant.

Even with a tent up I've occasionally slept in mine, this year on the WAW it was perfect strung between 2 trees in a clearing.

They double as a decent kit storage place if you are in a small tent too :okay

Have you actually camped with all this gear yet?

Not yet. Mikeyboy still has my bike! :D. I get it back on the 2nd August. :thumb2
I’m getting two sets of camping kit together at the moment. A lightweight set and a normal set. I’m then going to try everything out to see what works and what doesn’t. I’ll then be loading up and setting off to various places to experiment.:thumb2

I swear by them.

Got 2. One with Moz net.

If you arrive late to your chosen dossing point and the weather is OK they are brilliant.

Even with a tent up I've occasionally slept in mine, this year on the WAW it was perfect strung between 2 trees in a clearing.

They double as a decent kit storage place if you are in a small tent too :okay
The one I’ve ordered can be used on the ground as a tent with the aid of a tarp pole at each end if there are no trees about. :thumb2

The pinnacle of the madness will be The Kermit Chair.

A wonderful little heirloom that's price borders on ridiculous once embroidery, cup holder, leg extensions, shipping, VAT and handling fee have been added.

I got mine on a group buy on here 10 years back - And it's the one thing I would replace if lost/stolen.

I know your kind as I'm the same ... and your trajectory will lead you to the small wooden throne! :D

I recently bought a Helinox Beach Chair! :D
I’m doing my best to resist getting the Helinox table. :blast

Last time i looked, two trees xx metres apart, wern't specced as an pitch option by the caravan and camping club,

So i guess without one or two of those your fucked :jes

Nice vid, gota love the "" how good it is"" compared to xx brand :blast

one glaring omission, - "oh look its blowing a hoolie, and its tranquil and calm, inside", Hmm add the torrential rain that normally accompany s a storm, and you'll be sodden

in minutes with a single skin type set up

Still i'm sure when you pitch it on some icelandic glacier, you will find a couple of trees that will suffice :D:D

Are you sure your not Delboy in diguise ???

Last time i looked, two trees xx metres apart, wern't specced as an pitch option by the caravan and camping club,

So i guess without one or two of those your fucked :jes

Nice vid, gota love the "" how good it is"" compared to xx brand :blast

one glaring omission, - "oh look its blowing a hoolie, and its tranquil and calm, inside", Hmm add the torrential rain that normally accompany s a storm, and you'll be sodden

in minutes with a single skin type set up

Still i'm sure when you pitch it on some icelandic glacier, you will find a couple of trees that will suffice :D:D

Are you sure your not Delboy in diguise ???
You really should keep up. The hammock isn’t for Iceland! :blast. The hammock is for a Scandinavia forest trip where there are plenty of trees about. :thumb2
I have a nice new Hilleberg for the Icelandic trip. :thumb2

I've got a few some open some with nets.... used for all manner of different locations, when working at a festival it's handy to just get some kip in the rigging...

for travelling I use a hennesy asymetric if your rig it correctly you can sleep almost flat in it, some hammocks grip and hold you in place that can feel abit strange till you get use to it.

as for hanging it up there's loads of creativity involved I've used street furniture, between vehicles even used the bike as a tie off point, with a ground anchor to hold that in place. Smallish trees are best the add abit of give, it also reduces the risk of falling big branches (which could spoli your nights sleep)

https://hennessyhammock.co.uk/?utm_...lM28vXwumRLMyueSciPtSIswdd8hUTn0aAr4HEALw_wcB

I've got a few some open some with nets.... used for all manner of different locations, when working at a festival it's handy to just get some kip in the rigging...

for travelling I use a hennesy asymetric if your rig it correctly you can sleep almost flat in it, some hammocks grip and hold you in place that can feel abit strange till you get use to it.

as for hanging it up there's loads of creativity involved I've used street furniture, between vehicles even used the bike as a tie off point, with a ground anchor to hold that in place. Smallish trees are best the add abit of give, it also reduces the risk of falling big branches (which could spoli your nights sleep)

https://hennessyhammock.co.uk/?utm_...lM28vXwumRLMyueSciPtSIswdd8hUTn0aAr4HEALw_wcB

The one I’ve pre ordered is a lay flat type one. My Exped 9 Downmat fits in perfectly too. You can see the mozzie net fitted to that one and the rain fly fitted too.

Attachments

• A443559B-C520-4A08-98BB-8F94510C610B.jpg
    A443559B-C520-4A08-98BB-8F94510C610B.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 76
cool, I was catching some zzzz earlier waiting for the punters to arrive, in my £9 hammock from amazon

Attachments

• hammock.jpg
    hammock.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 64
  • techarea.jpg
    techarea.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom