T3 California

mad-dawg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I keep thinking about getting one, Finding one is proving difficult enough but as I have never sat on or ridden one then I could do with an answer to the following;
I am 6"3" with 34" inside leg, is this a practical proposition or a flight of fancy that will have me crippled in an hour?
If there was one local to me I could beg the owner "can I sit on your bike please mister", unfortunately I cant find anything close.
So if one of you taller gentlemen who have or have owned a T3 could offer an opinion I would be most grateful.
Cheers

stop looking now... you are too tall....... they are tiny motorcycles ( Andres has one in Nottingham - take a day trip to sit on it..)

your legs will bash the pots and your knees will be around your ears...

Wreford Miles has one - Arsey "had" one... they will be along in a minute

Don’t do it !

Lovely bikes

715dce7d3b72956403e2939f88565d93.jpg

BUT

I’m 6’1” with 33” inside leg .
Bike was fine pottering around locally for short rides but when I took it to Brittany and did a 150 mile day it was horrid . Riding position turns your body into a sail and horrid on lower back etc . Might just be my ageing body …..

Aaaargh! I'm gutted, stoopid long legs.
Ho hum
Thanks for the reality check you 2

Just had a look at seat height which is apparently 31" which my bulk will compress by about 4", I used to ride a Triumph Thunderbird 900 which was fine, same seat height so I am not giving up just yet

It’s not the seat height - it’s the ergonomics between seat / bars / pegs: the triangle is too tight.

Don’t do it !

Lovely bikes

715dce7d3b72956403e2939f88565d93.jpg

BUT

I’m 6’1” with 33” inside leg .
Bike was fine pottering around locally for short rides but when I took it to Brittany and did a 150 mile day it was horrid . Riding position turns your body into a sail and horrid on lower back etc . Might just be my ageing body …..

And sending pictures of a beautiful bike is torture, its like buying shoes that are too small but look amazing :blast

Chat up Andres - get down to Nottingham and sit on his

Aaaargh! I'm gutted, stoopid long legs.
Ho hum
Thanks for the reality check you 2

You're going to buy one. You know it, I know it and so do Twiz' and Arsey.

You asked for advice and got some great 'real world' feedback from blokes in the know, but we all know that you WILL ignore it.

We've ALL done it and we will ALL do it again. You can dick around mentally with things when buying (say) a Honda - seat height, leg length, arm position etc - but it doesn't work like that with a Guzzi. You just WANT one and that's that. You WANT one and no amount of sound advice is ever going to put you off.

Let us know what it's like when you get it....:D

Does he prefer flowers or chocolates, where do you suggest as a first date :augie

Thanks for the suggestion

Class As please :D

You’re more than welcome any time, PM if you’d like a look see but I fear Twizz is right. I’m 6ft and it’s not brilliant but I’m a bit of a stubborn git and put up with it……

Andres

You're going to buy one. You know it, I know it and so do Twiz' and Arsey.

You asked for advice and got some great 'real world' feedback from blokes in the know, but we all know that you WILL ignore it.

We've ALL done it and we will ALL do it again. You can dick around mentally with things when buying (say) a Honda - seat height, leg length, arm position etc - but it doesn't work like that with a Guzzi. You just WANT one and that's that. You WANT one and no amount of sound advice is ever going to put you off.

Let us know what it's like when you get it....:D

You are right, the advice was exactly what I asked for. I will keep lusting after one.
Anyone have the number of the surgeon the she devil woman used

I’m classic Italian build 6ft 1in 31inside leg, long body and arms - I fit perfectly :D

I’d like longer legs but I think it would spoil my California experience

Thank you Andres, will pm.
Wreford you swine! I’m shrinking with age and I fear Johnny is right it may have to be done just so I know I’m a fool.

Now then. I’m a bit taller than Wreford and found the T3 just too small sadly.

The later Cali versions are a bit bigger, and I know of one that has just been fully restored for sale …

Now then. I’m a bit taller than Wreford and found the T3 just too small sadly.

The later Cali versions are a bit bigger, and I know of one that has just been fully restored for sale …

Here ya go

f0950094-a4ed-4983-a430-98abd51d465f.jpg
c6822d27-bcf5-4601-b1aa-c7dd2abbd856.jpg
bca04f11-fef1-4a30-8716-c304d42be757.jpg
e7baa585-cc39-48a6-b3bc-307e17886a99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m classic Italian build 6ft 1in 31inside leg, long body and arms - I fit perfectly :D

I’d like longer legs but I think it would spoil my California experience

I'm nearly the same as you (but only 5' 11 1/2") and mine fits just lovely but I've had to put the screen fully up to reduce buffeting.

Can a nice moderator please turn my photo the correct way up, please? (First time this has happened to me!)

Attachments

• 20210507_151628.jpg
    20210507_151628.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom