Klim gear

davidfbmw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve had a Klim Badlands suit for nearly 2 yrs but used it once
Feels stiff and the armour in the trousers too low, May have been better getting the smaller leg in trousers
Felt ok in shop but mine feels stiff hence why I’ve not really worn it
Do they get better with use and more bearable

Do they, like Dane, have two armour pockets in the trousers such that the armour can be placed optimally?

Worth checking.

I've had mine a couple of years and ridden around 5,000 miles in all sorts of weather.

It doesn't loosen up :D

As much as the kit is outstanding, I have alternatives for that reason.

They never fully soften up but quite a few miles and a couple of washes does make a significant difference.

Andres

I have a 8 year old badlands which is nice and soft and super comfortable. Has been used a lot and all over the world . Great Jacket and trouser

I have a 8 year old badlands which is nice and soft and super comfortable. Has been used a lot and all over the world . Great Jacket and trouser
Similar here. Mk1 badlands also 7yo, soft and comfy but I’ve progressively changed the armour from the Original full fat Level2 D3O armour first to Level 1 and now on ghost armour which transforms the fit, comfort and most notably the weight of the suit.

But…. I tried on and bought a Klim Marrakech suit which as standard is light, soft and stretchy so super comfy. It’s not properly waterproof though but is just airy enough to be cooling on a hot day. This is now my go-to suit.

Similar here. Mk1 badlands also 7yo, soft and comfy but I’ve progressively changed the armour from the Original full fat Level2 D3O armour first to Level 1 and now on ghost armour which transforms the fit, comfort and most notably the weight of the suit.

But…. I tried on and bought a Klim Marrakech suit which as standard is light, soft and stretchy so super comfy. It’s not properly waterproof though but is just airy enough to be cooling on a hot day. This is now my go-to suit.

Love the look of the Marrakech . How is it on sizing ? I guess it’s a tighter fit but would a 2xl be loose or tight if a badlands 2xl fits but is roomy ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the look of the Marrakech . How is it on sizing ? I guess it’s a tighter fit but would a 2xl be loose or tight if a badlands 2xl fits but is roomy ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an XL Badlands jacket and an XL Marrakech jacket. I didn’t get on with the Badlands with its standard armour - too tight on my arms and no give on the shoulders, so possibly a tad small on me. The Marrakech has a good amount of stretch so loads more latitude on the fit plus it uses the latest thin armour (not ghost armour, whatever the other latest is). On that basis I would say a 2xl Marrakech would be too roomy and not utilising the stretch.

Trouser wise my badlands started as 36” regular but I had them altered to 38” long. 36regular in the Marrakech fit me perfect though, and again the stretch makes the fit easier and sooo comfy. Regular length in the Marrakech is longer than badlands regular. So again maybe size down for trousers.

Pretty sure Motolegends do an order two sizes, pay for one and return the item you don’t want.

Thanks for all replies, got a trip to Scotland coming up and would like to wear the Badlands
Will give it a whirl locally first I think

I have an XL Badlands jacket and an XL Marrakech jacket. I didn’t get on with the Badlands with its standard armour - too tight on my arms and no give on the shoulders, so possibly a tad small on me. The Marrakech has a good amount of stretch so loads more latitude on the fit plus it uses the latest thin armour (not ghost armour, whatever the other latest is). On that basis I would say a 2xl Marrakech would be too roomy and not utilising the stretch.

Trouser wise my badlands started as 36” regular but I had them altered to 38” long. 36regular in the Marrakech fit me perfect though, and again the stretch makes the fit easier and sooo comfy. Regular length in the Marrakech is longer than badlands regular. So again maybe size down for trousers.

Pretty sure Motolegends do an order two sizes, pay for one and return the item you don’t want.
Who altered the trousers for you please, might have a chat with them
Klim offered to do them but meant sending them back to states which would have been costly anyhow

Who altered the trousers for you please, might have a chat with them
Klim offered to do them but meant sending them back to states which would have been costly anyhow
Lancashire Sports Repair. The gave an indicative price of £125 but it was £175 in the end. Great job though.

Back
Top Bottom