The A87 in Scotland

To be fair, all roads in western Scotland are good once north of the Clyde. Only thing spoiling it is bloody rental motorhomes dawdling all over the place.

To be fair, all roads in western Scotland are good once north of the Clyde. Only thing spoiling it is bloody rental motorhomes dawdling all over the place.

lots and lots of roads up here on the west coast are brilliant - - not just north of the Clyde. We just don't like to publish all of them... ;)

So many great roads to choose from, we are working our way through them. :tarka

The A87 in Autumn/winter is the dog's danglies. Heading south just before Sligachan Hotel, you can see the twisties for a good mile or so. Playtime :okay

Did it last week and unlike most, I rode it absolutely flat out, throttle wide open, no fear. Amazing road.

I was, however, on my trusty Yamaha 225cc Serow with my every patient wife on the pillion seat. so basically, I've no idea what its like to ride that road at over 50mph! :)

Merv.

Who is already planning to return with a bit more oooomph in the gee gee department.

I was, however, on my trusty Yamaha 225cc Serow with my every patient wife on the pillion seat. so basically, I've no idea what its like to ride that road at over 50mph! :)

You're either a masochist or you deserve a medal. :D

Did it last week and unlike most, I rode it absolutely flat out, throttle wide open, no fear. Amazing road.

Merv.

Who is already planning to return with a bit more oooomph in the gee gee department.

Respect :D

I'd say again, it's the only road I have ridden corners at 120mph, a few years aho now though, wouldn't have the balls to do it at that speed now.

Off up that way next Saturday for a few days...just hope the weather holds for us.

I rode the A87 and A816 today on the way from Plockton to Inveraray. The traffic on the A87 and A82 was pretty horrendous at times.

The A816 was a much better ride :thumby:

I did the A83 from Tyndrum (the green welly) to Oban last week (and back) cracking road :thumb

I did that for the first time last year and again a couple of times this year. It is a cracking road. To be fair, Oban is a decent place, I've no idea why I have never made the effort to visit prior to last year.

Back
Top Bottom