Motor needed

That's an option Mikey, just worried that costs could be huge, plus the gear lever shaft has a slight bend in it(unseen rock in deep rut) so if I'm prepared to rebuild engine it includes splitting it to replace said shaft. Been an awful long time since I've split an engine, apart from main agent, don't know anyone willing to take it on, so rebuild will be last option if I can't find a decent motor.

Hi there gents, still looking for a motor if anyone knows of one, would be much appreciated. Also a swingarm in good nick. Cheers Steve.

There's a chap called Paul Oldham, from St Helens advertising on Facebook Marketplace that he is breaking a 650 x country, don't know what parts he has! May be of some use.

Cheers ferret, will have a look at tha

Sorry Steve, thought I'd replied. Just sent you message re new and used options. I've had some parts off the St Helens one; it's done an out 72k from memory, which could still be good if available.

Yep, just messaged you Gareth, tried getting in touch with the guy in st Helens but no reply as yet !!!

Motor sorted now, happy days, thanks for all the replies, big thank you to Gareth. Cheers again.

He's a top man. Just need a decent swingarm now.....lol

Not a bad lad that Gareth:thumb2

:D Thanks both. It was a long old trip; but everything was sorted and Bob got his xCountry and bits :thumby:

I need to find my spare airbox now, and will have a look at my swingarm situation. I may be some time . . . .

Excessive oil consumption, and low compression. Still runs great, starts on button, doesn't smoke, potential big trip coming up so had to get it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom