Sena SRL Neotec 2 Low Volume on music

Pansmiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am using a Shoei Neotec 2 with the Sena built in SRL bluetooth system and a BMW Nav V in a BMW bike mounted cradle controlled by the big wheel.

The volume for the Sat Nav directions are fine but the music volumes are extremely low when the unit cuts over to the music. I have connected the helmet and the Nav v in the house and played music into the helmet and it can be heard fine. Any views on what I need to do?

I guess you've already tried this but If its the same as the Cardo you just turn the volume up when the music is playing - it only affects music volume not the other sources.

If you are listening via the Nav V have you looked at the volume control/media settings on the Nav. I am not sure of the V but on the VI there is a media volume setting via the volume control.

I guess you've already tried this but If its the same as the Cardo you just turn the volume up when the music is playing - it only affects music volume not the other sources.

Yes it's the same, as I found out when wasting a few hours trying to balance the volumes!

Only just seen this. Unclear if the music is sorted in the satnav or on your phone running via the satnav?

If the latter, the the volume on your phone will impact on the volume you hear - so basically the phone volume needs to be turned up (I have it at about 3/4).

If the former, then I can only think as the post above - when the music is playing, turn it up using the intercom volume control, it will remember the volume for music separately from the satnav voice over volume.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I am using a Shoei Neotec 2 with the Sena built in SRL bluetooth system and a BMW Nav V in a BMW bike mounted cradle controlled by the big wheel.

The volume for the Sat Nav directions are fine but the music volumes are extremely low when the unit cuts over to the music. I have connected the helmet and the Nav v in the house and played music into the helmet and it can be heard fine. Any views on what I need to do?

I'm looking to get a Neotec 2 & the Sena SRL kit.......My main concern about using an in built kit with helmet speakers (I've been using custom fit in ear speakers) is whether the volume will be high enough to get through background noise/ear plugs.

Whilst doing a bit of research, if you download the Sena app (apple & android), there is an 'audio boost' facility which....well, boosts the audio!!

Now, I've not actually tried this yet as I don't have the new lid.....but seeing as you've got the lid/comms kit, it may be downloading the app & giving the audio boost a try.

The helmet is first class. You won't go wrong with it

But the SRL unit has s lot to be desired... As an industrial designer myself, I'm a little irritated how badly it has been dealt with. Conceptually is good. But the execution is not. In fact I am about to start a re-work of the buttons to see if I can fix them. Honestly, with gloves on, you're left to luck if you press the right button.

I mention all this because if you haven't already purchased the SRL, perhaps hold back. If you're going to be using it with a pillion then my first suggestion is to look at Cardo. I am about to finish a several thousand miles Euro tour with my son. He's wearing a Neotec 1 with a 30K intercom. The wind noise from his unit has been a nightmare - it's software, not the positioning of his mic. It is so bad I am consequently looking at Cardo gear to replace mine and my son's unit - all reports I have read claim superior wind noise handling. My only use of an intercom is worth a pillion or solo.

Not sure if this is much help. But unless you're riding solo or with a pillion (also with a Neotec 2 & SRL) them I'd suggest some research

I'm looking to get a Neotec 2 & the Sena SRL kit.......My main concern about using an in built kit with helmet speakers (I've been using custom fit in ear speakers) is whether the volume will be high enough to get through background noise/ear plugs.

Whilst doing a bit of research, if you download the Sena app (apple & android), there is an 'audio boost' facility which....well, boosts the audio!!

Now, I've not actually tried this yet as I don't have the new lid.....but seeing as you've got the lid/comms kit, it may be downloading the app & giving the audio boost a try.

I’ve got a Neotec II and SRL. I agree about the buttons! The SRL is a convenient form factor, but I’m not sure I’d buy it again.

Audio boost doesn’t seem to do much, as far as I can tell.

I can listen to music with ear plus in up to about 50mph, can’t hear anything after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the SRL. Love the integration. Volume is great with moulded ear plugs. Buttons a nightmare. I use a Sena RC4 remote on the handlebars and it works flawlessly.

Currently on offer at Sportsbikeshop https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/356286
Hmmm...i never really stopped to think of the remote (though I'm not sure how it would fix the wind noise story). I can see how it might becomes indispensable once you'd gotten used to it... Thanks for the link. I'm pondering...

I've had the Neotec 2 with the SRL nearly 2yrs and the lid is awesome, I have no issue listening to music at any legal speed but it went faulty when it was 10 months old (couldn't switch it off) it was eventually replaced but today the replacement did the same thing. I did a hard reset which has fixed it but I'm not sure for how long.

I love the fact its integrated but I'm disappointed in the build quality, it also drops connection occasionally for no particular reason.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom