What should I expect discount on new 1250 GSA

Breham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Maybe a rude question, but I am getting closer to getting a 1250 GSA triple black TE. Not having any extras, I want Bumott panniers will get those later and will wait and see if I really need the sat nav. So pretty much the basic bike as a TE.

If it is not rude what type of discount should I expect. So far I seeing about 10.5 % off list without pushing. Would it be unrealistic to get nearer 20%?

Many thanks

Rich

if you are a serious buyer,ring round and push the dealer,play them off against each other,but dont be a dick and at the last min say nah im looking at buying in a few months!
you will get a good deal on a new bike if you can say yes straight away without asking permission from the wife or mum

I bought a new unregistered GS Rallye at £1666 off configurator price from Ocean BMW - it was just advertised on Autotrader so I grabbed it quick.

Maybe a rude question, but I am getting closer to getting a 1250 GSA triple black TE. Not having any extras, I want Bumott panniers will get those later and will wait and see if I really need the sat nav. So pretty much the basic bike as a TE.

If it is not rude what type of discount should I expect. So far I seeing about 10.5 % off list without pushing. Would it be unrealistic to get nearer 20%?

Many thanks

Rich

Better to have good fealing with local dealer, if something go wrong, help later will be better, help local can help you also.

like others have said buy cheap and have no relationship with the dealer then getting an issue fixed can be like swimming through jam....

I timed my arrival to the point when they needed to make some sales asked what they had on stock... found the bike that alll the buttons and dials I wanted and did the deal once I let them know I was a buyer....

Vines sells loads of bikes, if there's a deal to be done... they'll do it...!

like others have said buy cheap and have no relationship with the dealer then getting an issue fixed can be like swimming through jam....

BMW Warranty isn't dealer specific, plus my local dealer gets my servicing/warranty work (hopefully none) so he's happy.

£1666 off was too good to miss, even though it was a distance away.

there was a dude on here, who kicked off with first the dealer and then BMW.... it got pretty heated and was a brilliant read, I think in the end they gave him his money back and refused to sell him another bike.

or something like that...

I agree about trying to deal with local, but my experience is they take advantage. I am not referencing BMW here as this is the first time I have bought from a BMW dealer.

I am lucky Ocean BMW and Barnstormers are local to me if in Reading or Devon.

We shall see what happens in the next week��

go to bahnstormers,get a great deal,then go to vines and they will beat it speak to dave hodgeson.
went through this very recently vines by far the best deal

Yes that's quite true, I know the chap you're referring to. He was way out of order and to be honest a total prick...in response to Loiq's comment..

Was in Marshall BMW at Laceby nr Grimsby the other day and they have a brand new but pre registered GSA LC triple black in their showroom for around £17,500, can't remember exact price offhand...

go to bahnstormers,get a great deal,then go to vines and they will beat it speak to dave hodgeson.

Or NOG, they managed to get a deal over everyone else. Had a conversation with somebody (in BMW) about the huge difference in what sole BMW dealers can offer and combined car/motored dealers offer. The argument was that the car/mottorad dealer was able to subsidize the mottorad side of business. Sounds to me like bull.
However last time I did a deal I was offered £3000 more by one dealer mentioned above on the trade in on the new 1250GS. Or £5000 off on a pre registered R1250R Sport :eek: Yes, timing is everything. Especially if you don't have a trade in.

Agreed. Dave went out of his way to sell me a GSA and was way ahead of other dealers.

It looks like I may have a deal with Dave:). Not any cheaper than the other option, but feel like I got a good deal and very accommodating. Know by the end of day if all done

Tell him i gave you his details

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

It looks like I may have a deal with Dave:). Not any cheaper than the other option, but feel like I got a good deal and very accommodating. Know by the end of day if all done

What sort of percentage off the configuration price did you manage?

If only it was that simple

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Been waiting 2 weeks now for a changeover figure from my local dealer, contacted him a week ago and said they are still working on it!! Not sure what’s going on but reckon if I was getting the RTW package ( bike, suit, boots, helmet etc) and PCP up the ying yang things would probably of moved quicker!!

agreed, as worse case I PX my bike and that has been subsidised. I had two garages that came in the same all but a tenner a month and it was the monthly that was more important.

Back
Top Bottom