R1200 RT - Injector Pipe Connector

chopper_harris

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have posted a Wanted ad, and thought it would be worth also posting my issue here !

I'm finally back on to the resto of an elderly R1200RT that I picked up here many years ago (Reg'd 09/2005, 55 plate, 126,000 miles !)

The Servoectomy was easy, but I'm struggling with a damaged injector nozzle connector :

Fuel-Reg.jpg

Inj-Supply.jpg

Inj-Supply-2.jpg

RT-pre-0806.jpg

Pre 08/06

RT-Post-0806.jpg

Post 08/06

Checking the MaxBMW fiche, the injector connectors are only available as an assembly including the fuel pressure reg housing.
Motorworks haven't got an appropriate unit in stock.

Can anyone help with an injector connx plus attached length of piping from a hexhead, please ?

The pipe layout is specific to the RT, and differs between the pre 07 (ServoABS) and post 07 (non-servo)

The later, post 08/06 pipework appears to me more heavily shaped near the injector bodies ?

A couple of options come to mind :

1, Take a gently radiused 150mm section with connx that I can splice in to the existing line from the regulator with an outer jointing hose and a couple of clamps.

2, Reshape a more convoluted pipe section with hot water, or a heat gun ?

3, Cut away the outer pipe from a donor connx, remove the broken stub from the existing pipework, and re-insert that connx ?

Any useful comments and offers of parts will be gratefully received.

Thanks, Chopps

There’s a few posts on ADVrider where they’ve fixed this problem.

Back
Top Bottom