ABS Error Plus Speedometer

RJT89

Reaction score
Hello Peoples,

So, I was riding home the other night, hit 40 mph (ish) and then ping... The dash lit up and started flashing at me. The ABS light came on steady and the speedometer needle suddenly dropped to zero. This cleared when I dropped the speed back to below 40 mph.

Hooked up the 911 and I am getting "VIN-Mismatched" and "Voltage Overload".

I also have two other errors. One is the rear TPMS sensor, which my new one will be arriving imminently and I will be replacing and registering with my bike through the 911 and the other error is Lampf, for which I'm certain is the cooling fan on the LED headlight that needs fixed/changed out. I don't think these faults are linked. At least I hope they are not.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have read elsewhere that particles within the final drive fluid can mess with the rear ABS sensor and this weekend, I am going to be dropping the final drive to clean, re-grease and put fresh fluid in. Whilst the rear ABS sensor is off, I plan to give it a good clean with the appropriate electrical cleaner to see if that is what is the issue.

With regards to the front sensor, I can confirm the ring is in no-way bent or damaged and it is spotlessly clean. The sensor too. That was the first thing I did when I got home the other night.

My bike is a 2015 GSA LC.

Thank you kindly folks! :)

Had an abs fault on my first GS, 09 model, then speedo would stop working but if I kept riding after about twenty miles it would start working again. Rear abs sensor replaced and all good. Good luck.

Hello Peoples,

So, I was riding home the other night, hit 40 mph (ish) and then ping... The dash lit up and started flashing at me. The ABS light came on steady and the speedometer needle suddenly dropped to zero. This cleared when I dropped the speed back to below 40 mph.

Hooked up the 911 and I am getting "VIN-Mismatched" and "Voltage Overload".

I also have two other errors. One is the rear TPMS sensor, which my new one will be arriving imminently and I will be replacing and registering with my bike through the 911 and the other error is Lampf, for which I'm certain is the cooling fan on the LED headlight that needs fixed/changed out. I don't think these faults are linked. At least I hope they are not.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have read elsewhere that particles within the final drive fluid can mess with the rear ABS sensor and this weekend, I am going to be dropping the final drive to clean, re-grease and put fresh fluid in. Whilst the rear ABS sensor is off, I plan to give it a good clean with the appropriate electrical cleaner to see if that is what is the issue.

With regards to the front sensor, I can confirm the ring is in no-way bent or damaged and it is spotlessly clean. The sensor too. That was the first thing I did when I got home the other night.

My bike is a 2015 GSA LC.

Thank you kindly folks! :)

Abs sensor small stone stuck then released by road will give this error, vin mismatch nothing to worry it is a devil fault, and BMW still not know why.

Abs sensor small stone stuck then released by road will give this error, vin mismatch nothing to worry it is a devil fault, and BMW still not know why.

Hopefully then, after clearing everything with the 911, the error won't reappear on the dash.

Thanks

What battery have you got fitted??

it's been known for a failing Lithium battery to throw odd errors before dying

What battery have you got fitted??

it's been known for a failing Lithium battery to throw odd errors before dying

Hello,

I currently have a Yuasa YTX20H-BS 12V High Performance Maintenance Free VRLA Battery.

An update on the situation is that the error is now always on. I plugged my 911 into it and for both the ABS and Semi-active suspension, I am getting “Supply-voltage, overload.”

Could this be that the voltage regulator is goosed? Though, everything else still works, lights etc. My bike is however taking 3 to 4 attempts to start.

Also the battery voltage is reading 12.2V when the engine is off and 14.4V when on.

With regards to the riding of the bike. Going round corners is a challenge. It just feels like the bike loses stability very quickly and there’s something going on, especially with the rear brake. It’s like it’s pumping on and off when I’m leaning round corners. It’s not very reassuring to say the least.

I just want to try everything but I don’t want to throw a heap of money away buying components that might not even be broken.

Thanks again in advance for any information.

1) Is it in warranty? if yes take it back to the dealer if no find a good indie

2) For the sake of £40 ish fit a new battery ( motobatt) or £100 Odyssey (they can be persuaded to fit )

Whatever the problem was/is its not getting better

watch the attached video, it may be what your seeing ( and the solution)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9GB_fhls1ws" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

try from about 30mins in if you dont want to watch the video

I started a thread, questioning ABS vin mis match ( on my 2014) and the GS-911 people effectively said this was their software at fault . Others have similar with no issues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom