Looking for Advice - New Jacket and Pants

been looking at goretex stuff richa a stars

klim and rukka have always made my wallet go eek

but looking at that vansbro and its now on the list

thanks

Hi,

I have a really old Hein Gericke jacket that has seen better days and is no longer waterproof ( was never really that waterproof as always failed in chest area) and also a pair of Frank Thomas pants that are also past their sell by date and are super absorbent, especially around the crotch area, even though they are supposed to be waterproof. I know you get what you pay for. I also have a leather jacket and trousers but I only wear these in the dry and don't plan replacing these.

I am looking for a good quality replacements that wont leak regardless of the weather. I have trawled online and also the forum. I hear a lot of good stuff re Halvarssons, Rukka and also Klim, I plan to get a jacket and trousers and not worried whether same make or not. My budget is about £1K.

You should go to visit the viking cycle. I have been using the Nomad Fire Black Jacket for one year, have great experience with them. The build quality of the leather is excellent also the upper layer of the jacket is waterproof and weather resistant.

I thought i had updated on here but looks like i didnt lol. I purchased a pair of Vansbro Pants back in Aug 21 from Motolegends and they are great. I like the fact they have braces on too. The armour is very good too. I didnt actually purchase a new jacket yet and that was nearly a year and a half back. I really like the service I got from Motolegends and I plan to use them when i buy a few more things this year.

If you shop around - FC Moto etc, you could probably squeak a Klim Latitude suit in at that budget. Brilliant bits of kit. I have been wearing mine for 5 years and its as good as new, it is the older generation though. . I also have the Rukka Kingsley suit, I would say the Klim is more comfortable over all but the Rukka is phenomenal in all weathers and really is like a suit of armour. Its still stiff as board though....hope it beds in.

Back
Top Bottom