Cost of rear brakes in Ireland ..........................

luke scott

Reaction score
Just been quoted €180 to supply and fit read pads on an 1150 Adventure by main dealer. I appreciate overheads,wages, etc etc but I was surprised at €180.

yes Sir , well, we have to pay me for talking to you , the service manager , for doing fuck all , the senior tech for advice , and the YTS boy to do it , OH....and the pads are £30.

did you buy it from them ?

half an hour plus pads. MAX .

does someone come and suck you off while you wait ?

ring another dealer , anywhere.

Aftermarket pads £30 for best quality and if the caliper is fine 5 or 10 minutes to fit

Jesus,

Will they have 4 x cheerleaders blowing you during the work

If so, reasonable

If not, tell them to get a grip.

So in answer to your questions, it was a "BMW dealer" that quoted that price. And no I wont be getting them to do the work.

i think one of my mates was quoted £60 for rear pads during a service last week which wasnt too bad for a main dealer.

Barry

Postage to here is £17. Pads now £30 plus whatever duty+vat+vat on the duty seriously. There are various write ups about the pads. Some good some not so. JJH

Postage to here is £17. Pads now £30 plus whatever duty+vat+vat on the duty seriously. There are various write ups about the pads. Some good some not so. JJH

Note I suggested sintered.
I did 100,000km using them and they are superb. I only posted a uk site to indicate approximate costs. If I lived in Republic, I would probably purchase in EU.

It's worth checking locally and with motor factors if you have a part number.
I use Ferodo, they were available on order from a local motorbike shop that stock the brand.
Part No. FDB2039P for R1150GS Rear.

EU BMW-indie suppliers seem to offer Lucas and TRW brand pads. Lucas brand might give me a faint glow of confidence to tempt me to try them.

or you pay for them in Hursts and a friendly Norn Iron guy who's south most weeks will collect and hand you them?

I've just replaced all my pads on the bike for £68 (EBC) and an hour of my time. If you are unsure, youtube is great for a lot of information.

All comments are welcome but this thread is relating to Ireland. So telling me the price of pads in your local dealership in England doesn't help. :comfort

Back
Top Bottom