New Bike Day

bristolsaint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's new bike day!

The GS went last week and I have gone fully orange. Joining my 790 Duke is my new 1290 SuperDuke GT. Bought as a 0 miles pre registered bike, it comes with Motocorsa's lifetime warranty and lifetime MOTs to make up for me missing a few months of KTM's warranty.

IMG-1914.jpg

An 80 mile ride home via the scenic route reassured me that I have made the right decision. 1st service booked for 3 weeks time followed by a ride to Norfolk for Snetterton BSB.

Happy days.

It's new bike day!

The GS went last week and I have gone fully orange. Joining my 790 Duke is my new 1290 SuperDuke GT. Bought as a 0 miles pre registered bike, it comes with Motocorsa's lifetime warranty and lifetime MOTs to make up for me missing a few months of KTM's warranty.

IMG-1914.jpg

An 80 mile ride home via the scenic route reassured me that I have made the right decision. 1st service booked for 3 weeks time followed by a ride to Norfolk for Snetterton BSB.

Happy days.

I guess “lifetime” of your ownership, rather than bikes “life”

Welcome to the orange side!

Yes, my ownership lifetime, not that of the bike.

100 miles yesterday and I'm chuffed to fuck with it, even at running in speeds.

IMG-1915.jpg

Nice - never ridden one. I must give one a try.

Nice one :)

I have only my old 1190R to compare it to but those LC8 lumps are such fun and have so much character, the complete antithesis to a modern GS - enjoy!

Andres

….it was only a few weeks ago you were thinking 'sensible' next bike after your senile moment :D

Haha! I'm not very sensible, am I? Senile, yes, at times, but not often sensible. The Superduke has a lower seat height than the GS, so that's a bit sensible of me.

I tried the sensible options but this is so much more fun and, other than having a seat like a plank, is really comfortable. Ergo seat is on back order. Hopefully it will arrive before my trip to Snetterton for BSB next month. It will be run in and had its first service by then. Game on!

Yes, my ownership lifetime, not that of the bike.

100 miles yesterday and I'm chuffed to fuck with it, even at running in speeds.

IMG-1915.jpg

Nice spot :cool:
The new bike looks amazing, all the best with it

Haha! I'm not very sensible, am I? Senile, yes, at times, but not often sensible. The Superduke has a lower seat height than the GS, so that's a bit sensible of me.

I tried the sensible options but this is so much more fun and, other than having a seat like a plank, is really comfortable. Ergo seat is on back order. Hopefully it will arrive before my trip to Snetterton for BSB next month. It will be run in and had its first service by then. Game on!
I've got the powerparts seats on mine. Look great but no comfier than stock imo. I actually prefer the stock with an airhawk for long days as the PP seats have more of a sitting on the bike rather than for me the more preferable "in it" with the stock seats.

With either though I'm sure you'll love it.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I found the Ergo seat worse than the stock in fact I would go as far as to say the Ergo seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever had

Had mine for 4 years, great bikes.

Thinking of moving it on soon to make way for something new.......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The ergo seat seems to divide opinion. My neighbour loves his and wouldn't swap back. I'll give it a go.

Weather looks good from tomorrow onwards so hope to clock a few running in miles this week.

Back
Top Bottom