What kind of Adventure style bike would you like Yamaha to make?

I for one am very happy with my S10.
It was way overpriced when new, so I got a secondhand one.
Not inspiring ride, lacklustre engine performance. All of this absolutely brilliant. It means reliability as it's not stressed, exactly what I want on a pan-continent ride.
I'm not knocking BMW by the way, the sheer number of them on the continent would indicate they're the go-to bike for adventure riders, no problem with that.
I just preferred to go the other way, and am happy with the decision.
So whether it's the MT or not, I'm glad they continued.

Ah you mean Yamaha Motor Co which is the "company"
Motorcycles
ATVs
Outboards
Waverunners
Ebike systems
Snowmobiles
etc..
Actually look here https://global.yamaha-motor.com/business/

So you are saying the MT range saved that company ?

I think you are talking bollocks TBH

to be fair give the bloke a chance he might be a bell end not sure but just do a fucking google search, I for one remember them closing factories, deleting models from the range they were massively hit by the financial crash in 2008 and on and in 2009 posted the first loss in the company history it is historical record, now did the MT save the company, dont know but probably however the rest is historical record and searchable. Its really not rocket science!!

As for what bike I would want? they already make it the T700 if buying a new bike that would be the one to buy for me

I for one am very happy with my S10.
It was way overpriced when new, so I got a secondhand one.
Not inspiring ride, lacklustre engine performance. All of this absolutely brilliant. It means reliability as it's not stressed, exactly what I want on a pan-continent ride.
I'm not knocking BMW by the way, the sheer number of them on the continent would indicate they're the go-to bike for adventure riders, no problem with that.
I just preferred to go the other way, and am happy with the decision.
So whether it's the MT or not, I'm glad they continued.

Yes, I agree. The S10 has the unstoppable feel of my old R1150GS. The only thing for me now is I am considering a lighter bike due to my advancing years! The fly in the ointment is every time I ride my S10 I wonder why the hell would I want to ride anything else.

Love the S10 but it was always a bit behind the curve when introduced basically a really nice bike but designed to compete against the hexheads just as the LC's were about to arrive.

They also missed a trick by not doing one with a larger tank and giving it a styling revamp mid production

Any potential replacement for the S10 will have to go in one of two directions, either a completely revamped twin with shaft drive more current styling a large power hike to compete and both an adventure and more road biased model.

Or, a more radical rethink ie take the MT 09 motor with a capacity hike and a bit more midrange and build something along the lines of the multistrada with adventure bike styling and no real serious offroad potential and leave the t7 for proper offroading

Only of their own making. They totally cocked up the launch and release of it, and got way to greedy with the price. If they’d just released the standard model at a sensible price that was competitive from the off, and made sure they imported enough for demand they’d have sold shed loads more in the first years and maybe developed the repuation and following sooner.
Doubt we’ll ever see a new model. GS and Ktm are too far ahead now, I can’t see them being bothered to try and compete.

Over here at least, maybe Europe too, The S10 didn't meet emissions targets, that and the fact that new they were overpriced, so they say, I bought a newish second hand one, were the last nails in the coffin.
I can't say how glad I am to have one.

Over here at least, maybe Europe too, The S10 didn't meet emissions targets, that and the fact that new they were overpriced, so they say, I bought a newish second hand one, were the last nails in the coffin.
I can't say how glad I am to have one.
Mines just turned 18k, not even had it two years yet…….I kinda like it:D

I'm just coming up to 30,000 miles on my 2020 S10. I am still on the original front brake pads which is unheard of on any other bike I've had, I swear I use them to slow down and they definitely work. Second set of rear pads though, although they don't seem to have worn since they got put in 12,000 miles ago.

As for reliability, I have had to replace both headlight bulbs early on. I didn't bother calling for recovery or making a warranty claim though.

I bought one in 2013 brand new....it was on 0% so was a no brainer at the time. We tour 2 up everywhere so need a bit of space and ruggedness. Would of definitely bought another but the BMW 1200GSA we swapped it for in 2016 was definitely better to ride IMHO. If Yamaha updated it with a bit more BHP I would certainly consider getting another. As it is her indoors has hinted that we should look at the new Niken GT.

Back
Top Bottom