Zumo XT vs BMW Nav6

Anthony Byrne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dropped a deposit on a new GS that comes nav prepped. I was just going to get the Nav 6 as I've heard it makes use of the hand controls.

When I seen it was a few hundred dearer than the Zumo XT im wondering if they are worth the money. Im running an old Zumo on my current bike and it always got me there eventually although clunky to use, so spending 750ish euro on a Nav 6 has me thinking.

Do you think the Nav6 is worth the money?

Pic to show off my new steed, currently getting a few mods before I pick it up :thumb2

Attachments

• 58D695FC-8435-4AD9-8D90-346C2CA59653.jpg
    58D695FC-8435-4AD9-8D90-346C2CA59653.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 405
Cant say what an xt is like, but im disapointed in the nav6 i have on my xr. 1st problem is screen ghosting which i can avoid if i keep the screen spotless so thats only a minor irritant, though when it starts its a PITA, 2nd more annoying is the route recalculation time if i divert seems to take an age if your moving , in the order of minutes. One route recalc took so long i thought it had stopped navigating. I dont recall my previous garmin a zumo590 being that slow. That said i got this nav6 2nd hand , it is fully updated so dont know if its a unit issue. My next nav will likely be an xt i suspect.

Back
Top Bottom