MICRO-START XP-1

Topcat502

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. Hope I've put this in the correct forum.
I'm after some advice on the Micro-start XP-1.
I bought this item last year for charging and as a jump starter.
I have noticed that the USB ports on mine are white and blue as shown in the pic.
When checking the online information regarding this product. The USB ports are both
white 5v 1&2amp..
Mine is white 5v 2amp and blue 5v/9v with no amp value stated..
My question is, would it be safe to use the blue port (as well as the white) for charging intercom kits and phones etc??
I've e-mailed the manufacturer and the shop I bought it from, sadly no reply :rolleyes:
Thx all..
Kev

Attachments

• 20210811_102308.jpg
    20210811_102308.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 181
Thx for the info guys... Looks like it's ok to use. I'll check on the readings and post a reply for others... Cheers Kev

Hi all...
Just an update for those interested..
As per advice already posted, it's ok to use on usb stuff.. Checked with the nifty dongle shown above..
It runs at 5v until I plug in my phone which asks if I want to fast charge.. Then it switches to 9v.. (Didn't draw more than 1amp on a number of gadgets, but they were almost charged)
To be fair to the supplier, they did finally get in touch and the reply is below..
Hope it helps others..
Cheers. Kev

Hi, Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The blue USB port is the equivalent of today's "quick charge", and it charges USB devices that require up to 9V of current. It is safe to use for charging phones/intercom kits.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Back
Top Bottom