Is Rukka gear really that good?

I have always had Rukka and am very happy with it. I still have an old ArmaS jacket and troos but the price of replacing them with the new Nivalla / Realer set is too much for me for now. Also for summer have the Airman (older model) which is superb both in jacket and trousers. No idea what has replaced this one.
Only problem i have is the reflective patches / dots come off far too easily when washing. Saw something on this earlier this week on here.
Its all subjective anyway; different tastes, prices etc

Maybe this will help make your mind up.

I bought a second hand SRO suit for £400 (best of its kind at the time), had it for years, eventually started leaking on an Italian trip, on return I contacted Rukka who sent me a pre paid label to send the suit for testing, the result came back that the suit had reached the end of its life, if I had bought it new Rukka would have replaced it foc with the latest equivalent. I put the suit on eBay explaining the whole story and listing it at 99p with no reserve, it went to a guy in America for £250 + postage, I now have the Nivala Suit that I bought new for obvious reasons.

yes, have had a Navigatorr suit for 5 years, never leaked and I have never been cold. Get used all year around as I'm a blood biker. Did have one issue with some stitching coming away, but the UK distributor lent me a pair of trousers whilst mine was repaired

Thinking of splashing out on a new jacket

I have heard that it is that good. But for that price you could have a made-to-measure kevlar-lined, Police-standard textile suit from Hideout (which would be my choice)

There is probably cheaper stuff that is a good as the Rukka for keeping the rain out.

I have heard that it is that good. But for that price you could have a made-to-measure kevlar-lined, Police-standard textile suit from Hideout (which would be my choice)

There is probably cheaper stuff that is a good as the Rukka for keeping the rain out.

I know a man who has the custom textile from Hideout and he would disagree

He is a large chap and cant get off the peg stuff so went to Hideout

It is good but not without its problems which have been and continue to be sorted but with pain in time and being without

Oh and by the time it was done it was in no way cheaper than the top of the range Rukka Nivala actually i think it ended up nearly £400 more

Most police bikers get a clothing allowance now according to some YouTube vids

Rukka are brilliant for wet weather.

It's hilarious when seeing fat middle aged men, sweating their tits off in slightly hot weather. They then claim they are 'comfortable'. Ha ha

Rukka are brilliant for wet weather.

It's hilarious when seeing fat middle aged men, sweating their tits off in slightly hot weather. They then claim they are 'comfortable'. Ha ha

Ha Ha, maybe they are wearing a base layer that controls temp like Pro Skins. But the question is, is it only fat middle aged men that sweat in Rukka textiles then, and not old farts who are much smarter.

Thinking of splashing out on a new jacket

I have just bought the Rukka Kallavesi jacket and trousers, it cost double what i paid for mine and my wife's Alpinestars kit put together, time will tell if it was worth it.
It was very stiff to start with I couldn't even lift my leg high enough to put the centre stand on but its loosening up fine now, its also very heavy off the bike ! I got it for a trip around Europe at the end of the month which i have now postponed until next year all seems too much trouble with the testing etc !

does anyone know what the equivalent is of the old ''Airman'' model?

Yes its the Rukka Forsair, Which I have to say I can hardly ever wear as I find it too cold to wear the full suit under 25C, above that on the really really hot days its fine.

I've looked at Rukka in the past and wondered should I or shouldn't I [splash out]. What has stopped me each time is the colour of lack of it. I have an aversion to black motorcycle gear... Right now I'm on Revit gear, which I'm actually really liking, lots of very good detailing that is quick to love - except why no Napoleon pocket on the Sand 3 jacket!

Anyway, the Revit gear has been seriously tested in Europe this year during some horrendous rain and has been faultless. But if Rukka made some lighter colours, I'd be looking

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Rukka stuff is indeed very good. And priced accordingly.

Top tip.....find the lowest price UK online vendor that you can with that same item in stock. Then email Motolegends with that price and they will beat it by 10%. Their price beat has saved me many hundreds, if not thousands of pounds over the years.

I have the Nivala. Great for winter, wet and cold no problem, not good over 23c, hot with very poor ventilation. Thinking of selling mine and getting the Stadler supervent 3, check out the video which also compares it with Rukka. Also, the zip went on my rukka when riding in spain, got soaked, they didn't have loan jackets when I got to uk and it took ages to get back, not happy. They wanted to charge me for washing it even though it arrived with them clean, as my retailer will confirm. Stadler is a 10 year warranty and they'll repair free of charge if you have an off. German police use them all year round.

https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/stadler-supervent-3-jacket-in-black-grey.html

the stadler is much colder in the winter than the rukka,supervent is a great jacket but needs layering up well in cooler temps

My Rukka armas is great to wear except June July and august!
The rule airflow suit comes into its own in those months
I did a foreign trip in the Aramas which started very cold and wet then became very hot as the trip proceeded the Rukka became very unpleasant once temperature rose above 28C
It’s a very well made suit well thought out design apart from the phone pocket which was too small for a smart phone!
Not being impressed with the design of later models though nor tried them

Back
Top Bottom