2021 Euro 4 test ride T700

malcopopolo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a test road courtesy of my local Yamaha dealer Arnolds.

Bike had done 120 miles and i put another 50 or so on. All road and lane riding.

This is my initial thoughts...

Love the height and weight. Handles well in the bends with the stock suspension very good on pot holes etc.
Bit of fork dive but not excessive. Loved the simplicity of the switch gear and tft dash.

The engine pulled well, 3rd gear was quite tractable from 20mph up to 60mph plus. To make the bike accelerate quickly you had to really open the throttle.

I liked the bike but did not love it enough to purchase one. There is nothing wrong with it it just lacked excitement - down to the 689cc engine. If you did trail riding which is what the bike is designed for then it would be perfect as i suspect that is where the thrills are.

Nothing wrong with the bike i wanted it be something it isnt. Cruises at 70 to 80 with more in the tank.

If it was ever launched with a 900cc engine... then i would be swayed.

Wonder if this explains why so many are sold with low miles in the 1st year or 2?

If i was going to cross south america or africa this bike would be my choice.

Took my gen 2 fazer 1000 to the peak district today and smiled all the way there and back...

It's the lowest capacity bike I've had in years and never once concerned myself about it being less than 700cc, horses for courses as they say.

It's not a TFT screen btw

Had a test road courtesy of my local Yamaha dealer Arnolds.

Bike had done 120 miles and i put another 50 or so on. All road and lane riding.

This is my initial thoughts...

Love the height and weight. Handles well in the bends with the stock suspension very good on pot holes etc.
Bit of fork dive but not excessive. Loved the simplicity of the switch gear and tft dash.

The engine pulled well, 3rd gear was quite tractable from 20mph up to 60mph plus. To make the bike accelerate quickly you had to really open the throttle.

I liked the bike but did not love it enough to purchase one. There is nothing wrong with it it just lacked excitement - down to the 689cc engine. If you did trail riding which is what the bike is designed for then it would be perfect as i suspect that is where the thrills are.

Nothing wrong with the bike i wanted it be something it isnt. Cruises at 70 to 80 with more in the tank.

If it was ever launched with a 900cc engine... then i would be swayed.

Wonder if this explains why so many are sold with low miles in the 1st year or 2?

If i was going to cross south america or africa this bike would be my choice.

Took my gen 2 fazer 1000 to the peak district today and smiled all the way there and back...

I only managed 3400 miles:comfort

So what encouraged yer to part with it John?
give us a short "what you think after a few thousand" I loved it for the hour and a half I had on one.
I think the GS 800 suits me better

So what encouraged yer to part with it John?
give us a short "what you think after a few thousand" I loved it for the hour and a half I had on one.
I think the GS 800 suits me better

Mick,
Prefer the 1150 GS Adv, for the road and touring (Scotland in early July proved it)
Plus it's too heavy offroad for anything more than a gravel trail (for me) and as such I much prefer a lighter enduro bike for trail riding

It's the lowest capacity bike I've had in years and never once concerned myself about it being less than 700cc, horses for courses as they say.

It's not a TFT screen btw

I suppose a man of your maturity cannot cope with being over excited:D. Probably perfect for where you live, 95% of the riding i do is road.
Yes stand corrected it is an LCD screen.

Back
Top Bottom