XT dumped the maps

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I switched on my XT today to update maps ready for trip in a few weeks .
Came home to find download had been paused due loss of wifi signal and said it was trying to reconnect.
Just hung for hours . So I powered it off then on .
Then says maps up to date BUT it seems to have dumped a load of stuff .
Just the base maps seem there as no detail when I zoom in.
Can no longer find anywhere using search function and I can’t plan any route .
Tried a complete reset to no avail .
Any ideas please ?
Not used XT apart from one trip last summer and a bit out of touch with Garmin foibles .
Ta

It seems Garmin are having many problems with updates at the moment. My 660 won’t take full Europe now.

Connected to my MacBook and Garmin Express.
It said XT was up to date but full European mapping was unticked . So I ticked it and now it’s sat on here doing nothing !

b8373cdfa9d12353187b681e534a85e9.jpg

It said XT was up to date but full European mapping was unticked . So I ticked it and now it’s sat on here doing nothing !

Is it the NT or NTU maps? NTU is now 5.5 GB+ and split into north and south, so you need at least that amount free.

I wouldn't have tried to update using wifi (i dare say its do able) but a hard wired cable to router will give you a faster connection lower chance of fail especially if other people are trying to use the wifi.

Is it the NT or NTU maps? NTU is now 5.5 GB+ and split into north and south, so you need at least that amount free.

NTU..

I just tried changing to just Southern Europe maps but it still hangs at that screen as shown above.

Edited to add….I found a Zumo forum and some guys on there had exactly the same problem and ended up getting the unit replaced .Great !!!

Bods demanded the use of wi-fi for all updates, instead of all those feckin’ wires; I read it here.

Edited to add….I found a Zumo forum and some guys on there had exactly the same problem and ended up getting the unit replaced .Great !!!

Try a factory reset first. Then Express and reinstall the maps/udpates from there or from the unit directly on its own via wifi.

Beware of having the XT replaced by Garmin. I had mine replaced between May/June and had to insist with them as they said they had no stock and "it would take a few weeks/months".
Check stock availability first.

Try a factory reset first. Then Express and reinstall the maps/udpates from there or from the unit directly on its own via wifi.

Beware of having the XT replaced by Garmin. I had mine replaced between May/June and had to insist with them as they said they had no stock and "it would take a few weeks/months".
Check stock availability first.

Tried everything including a reset

Spoke to Garmin and he sent me an email to try a couple of things , but I’d already done them . He said to email back and they would replace the unit . Seems to be a known glitch

cef9520e7972fc3d4734074b4bd13767.png

8e16364070abb23b6677cefd84f8fc7b.png

I've turned wifi off on mine - who needs it?

Me too, otherwise it’s prone to doing a random upgrade just before going away which either breaks something or updates the maps so the routes recalculate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom