TDM ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Been offered a really really mint Yamaha TDM900 on a 12 plate, 14kmiles and really well maintained by someone I know and trust.

Just wondered about the longer term ownership experinece, potential issues and difficult service requirements, although I know the 24k valve check requires quite some dismantling and cam removal.

Thanks

Cracking bikes, very reliable, very under-rated except by those who know. If the price is right, then buy with confidence! Then you’ll have to tell us all about it and post loads of pics on here :beerjug:

Absolutely loved my 850, bought as a stop gap awaiting an insurance pay-out, did a million miles on it.

As said above, buy with confidence, I very much doubt you'll regret it.

Here are some pics of the bike on offer.

Completely original and unmolested machine, very tempted.
Not a dealer bike, just met a mate who happend to mention he was thinking of selling it after 6 years of ownership, took it for a spin and it seems to ride very nicely.

Just wondered if the exhausts on the 900 are stainless steel ?

Attachments

• B218B96D-CD31-4168-B4DA-E881CD32E023.jpeg
    B218B96D-CD31-4168-B4DA-E881CD32E023.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 8A5E2BAF-028E-4375-9A86-AF55EFFB6518.jpeg
    8A5E2BAF-028E-4375-9A86-AF55EFFB6518.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 9499560E-B77C-45B7-BEF7-001A7D18CB51.jpeg
    9499560E-B77C-45B7-BEF7-001A7D18CB51.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 291
Pipes are stainless, I have one and have a thread about it.

Old tech but a cracking bike, it feels stronger enginewise than my f800gsa and on back roads is a hoot and will easily match my r1200gsa lc. The brakes on my 2005 bike are better than any other japanese and bmw I have ridden.

Buy it you will not regret your decision

Not sure exactly but he has been offered £3000 by a delaer to buy outright but wants £3500 so in reality somewhere in the middle I would say.

Seems a reasonable buy then, LOL.
Planning to phone him to see what deal we can strike, but I suspect he will be reasonably firm on price. Need to factor in a new battery as it is the original and possibly replacement chain and sprokets dependant on any tight spots in the chain.

I used to have an 850 years back that I purchased off a mate , he’d modified it to his tastes 🤭, he was a keen off road / trials rider and also had this , Maxton front and rear end , gas flowed and a stage 3 dynojet , and a full stainless exhaust by ART, it was ace, 👍👍✌️

Worth £3500 any day of week, did I mention even if you are pushing on they get 65mpg plus , also it has a centre stand which is a huge plus point as the many do not

Now in my garage, had to pay over asking price because of accessories, though I think it is worth it.

Looking for a better screen as the MRA screen has the same profile as the original but adds the variable angle deflector on top.

With or without the deflector the screen produces a lot of turbulance plus heavy blast of air so looking to clean up the flow so to speak.

I think a screen with a different profile to deflect the air higher up or make it clean flow so the speak, possibly taller but I know bigger is not always the way to go in this situation.

Any suggestions on alternative screen for a rider 6ft 2 tall with longish torso, but appreciate each screen will suit riders differently, so just trying to get some ideas really.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom