Fun with a laser on slate

malty welts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some time ago I spent a couple of days squaring off this schematic so I could engrave it onto acrylic. Here's a slate place mat I ran under the laser today. My pie and chips looks much better now.

Attachments

• 20210902_183436.jpg
    20210902_183436.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 390
I like that

Will you do commissions ?
And can you do it without the line round the engine and BMW logo?

Thanks

Leave out the model descriptor and you’re on to a nice wee earner there. : thumb2

I like that

Will you do commissions ?
And can you do it without the line round the engine and BMW logo?

Thanks

I did it as a project and a bit of fun. It's easy to remove the outline, logo and text - really should be 247 after the BMW model number of the engine and not R100 GS anyways.

PM me if you want some cut and I'll have a think through the process.

What laser did you use to make this ?

It's a hobby laser, Ortur Laser Master 2 20W. It's out of date now, there's better around. If you really want to have a go a CO2 laser is probably a better option.

Just change the name to K50 and you will be on to a winner in the LC section!

I want one and a “Laser” ( and one million dollars).

Some time ago I spent a couple of days squaring off this schematic so I could engrave it onto acrylic. Here's a slate place mat I ran under the laser today. My pie and chips looks much better now.

That does look great!

DO you generate a dwg. drawing file and then USB load it o your laser machine?

That does look great!

DO you generate a dwg. drawing file and then USB load it o your laser machine?

No, It was originally drawn in Aspire and engraved on acrylic. It's exported to SVG and imported into lightburn for the laser. Laser is connected directly to the PC via USB.

I've posted this image before somewhere.

I'm gonna have a clout from someone soon for talking CNC stuff on a bike forum. Doh.

Attachments

• 20210126_200007 (2).jpg
    20210126_200007 (2).jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 177
No, It was originally drawn in Aspire and engraved on acrylic. It's exported to SVG and imported into lightburn for the laser. Laser is connected directly to the PC via USB.

I've posted this image before somewhere.

I'm gonna have a clout from someone soon for talking CNC stuff on a bike forum. Doh.

It's not a problem; I'm an engineer and will happily talk about anything engineery stuff all day; and this is good stuff to chat about.

It's not a problem; I'm an engineer and will happily talk about anything engineery stuff all day; and this is good stuff to chat about.

I’m very much up for anything like this that creeps into the airhead forum - there’s probably more than myself that could do with a bit of an update from the days when overhead valves and hall effect bean cans were high tech.

I like these laser engravings both on slate and acrylic.

I’m very much up for anything like this that creeps into the airhead forum - there’s probably more than myself that could do with a bit of an update from the days when overhead valves and hall effect bean cans were high tech.

I like these laser engravings both on slate and acrylic.

I like them both too!

My wife's '93 H-D Heritage still runs on points and starts easier than my '95 softail custom with a Hi-4 conversion!

Back
Top Bottom