Chipguard UK ?

I’ve had a kit from them and fitted it myself, and for the current bike I got the kit from invisible patterns, as I wanted Matt sides and gloss for the other panels.

https://www.invisiblepatterns.co.uk/shop

Nothing wrong with Chipguard though and Steve is a great guy to do business with.

I've used their kits on previous bikes, good kits with very clear instructions which if followed make the covering very easy to fit - just make sure that the area you are covering is scrupulously clean before you put the covering on, as you can't remove it and re-apply it and any bit of mucky underneath will show and annoy you! Their customer service is excellent also.

Something just to be aware of is that the chipguard sets appear to be high gloss whereas the invisiblepatterns are matt. Might depend on what you have as to which would work best. On a TB, it will be matt.

I've just called them and a very helpful chap will basically do a kit for what ever you want. I was looking at just the beak for mine as already have side panels and he was more than happy to make it up.

He rides a GS so knows the bikes well. Very impressed with how helpful he was :thumb2

Jon :beerjug:

I’ve just fitted these on my 40th Edition GSA and they are gloss, had then on my previous bike for 12000 miles and no scratches or discolouration. Brilliant stuff.

Success! I was down in Fareham today so popped along to see Steve and he fitted the kit for me. Love watching people do their stuff. It would’ve taken me hours. Brilliant job and well worth the money.

I've just called them and a very helpful chap will basically do a kit for what ever you want. I was looking at just the beak for mine as already have side panels and he was more than happy to make it up.

He rides a GS so knows the bikes well. Very impressed with how helpful he was :thumb2

Jon :beerjug:

Thanks for that - based on your comment I did exactly the same - and got the same top service, as all I needed were the coverings for the beak.

If they come with a diagram of what pieces are supplied to fit the GS I'd be interested in seeing a quick photo of that please- just to see what gets supplied.

Another thumbs up for Chipguard. I've put gloss tank protection on both of my Triple Black GSAs having scratched the first one enough to justify a respray. Dead easy to apply and stays looking mint. Matt finish is also available.

For a GSA, but it gives you the idea of what is available...

aa24458358bca03f46b77e70e5bcb86b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A word of caution when applying front kits, which is make sure you keep spraying the surface covering the 1200/50 stickers during the positioning of the PPF. Not sure if all the stickers are like this but the ones on my TB1250GS are soft as shit (such that I even take care when washing), and I managed to lift part of mine when applying the PPF.

Not sure which pain was the greatest, the pain of looking what I'd done to my brand new bike or the £67 the dealer charged me to stick a new one on.

A word of caution when applying front kits, which is make sure you keep spraying the surface covering the 1200/50 stickers during the positioning of the PPF. Not sure if all the stickers are like this but the ones on my TB1250GS are soft as shit (such that I even take care when washing), and I managed to lift part of mine when applying the PPF.

Not sure which pain was the greatest, the pain of looking what I'd done to my brand new bike or the £67 the dealer charged me to stick a new one on.

Ooo, yes that would hurt.

Invisible Patterns is the nearest to me

Had my new GSA Rallye covered in early March (4th bike I've had done with them)

As well as covering the tank and beak, the full kit includes the swinging arm, part of the frame, upper fork stanchions, headlight, TFT screen and Nav 6 screen

Mike

Back
Top Bottom