R100GS lowered footpegs. UK supplier?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm aware of motobau.de's bear claws but before I go there, is there a supplier in the UK I could go to?

SWT and Motobau look the same. I have the Motobau on my R80G/S, takes a bit of fiddling on both gear and brake side to get the levers low enough. Having big feet may not help here as I’ve always had to modify the levers even with standard height pegs.

These are the SWT jobs on my airhead build. You would not want to catch your shins on them …

IMG_2221.jpg
IMG_2220.jpg
IMG_2219.jpg

That’s the Wunderlich gear lever - must admit I’m not that impressed so will probably end up making my own.

I have a 2010 twin cam GS, to which I fitted Fastway foot pegs. So much better than the std pegs.... They offer a nice wide place for your foot, great when standing up & are lower than std.
They looked like they would fit my Paralever GS ok.
I bought a S/H pair from this forum & they fitted perfectly.
To my mind they are alot better than Migsel type as alot wider & no sharp edges....
In a perfect world....for me.... they'd be an inch lower !!!

Attachments

• 20210723_154938.jpg
    20210723_154938.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 176
I have a 2010 twin cam GS, to which I fitted Fastway foot pegs. So much better than the std pegs.... They offer a nice wide place for your foot, great when standing up & are lower than std.
They looked like they would fit my Paralever GS ok.
I bought a S/H pair from this forum & they fitted perfectly.
To my mind they are alot better than Migsel type as alot wider & no sharp edges....
In a perfect world....for me.... they'd be an inch lower !!!

Ta for that. My long legs / knees need a drop in height.

Pete....
I had Migsel lowered ones on before I fitted the Fastways...
Fastways one is same height as Migsel...but loads better.
I'd just like another inch......
Suppose everyone says that...

Pete....
I had Migsel lowered ones on before I fitted the Fastways...
Fastways one is same height as Migsel...but loads better.
I'd just like another inch......
Suppose everyone says that...

What? Only 1? :augie

This kit seems to fit almost every pre-LC GS ever made. I have a set on my twin-cam R1200GS. Where Motorworks says they're extra-wide they're correct. They stick out a long way as a consequence of the height adjustment which makes finding the gear pedal fiddly and the brake pedal (which I rarely use) even worse.

I find the pegs great for operating gear change & brake.
Pics of brake side, on my 800GS with home made pedal extender & Twin Cam with Touratech or similar enlarger !
Extra legroom is very welcomed, would not go back to the smaller, original higher pegs !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-141555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-141555_Gallery.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20210907-142107_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-142107_Gallery.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 134
I've been trying to contact Motobau AND SWT Sports. No joy with either - phone, email - nix! :(

Just rebuilt an 87 PD, I fitted Fastway pegs, but wanted them lower.
Bought a pair of SWT pegs which were a good bit lower but very sharp jagged top. So I bolted a bit of thin ally chequerplate to them. Much kinder to the shins !!!20230724_173006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom