Bulgaria….

Wapping

Reaction score
Is not somewhere that features that often on these pages.

I lifted this article out of Motorrad magazine (issue 19 2021) via Readly.

As far as I can make out (by following a link in the article) the two bods are on some sort of odyssey. Well, I guess it’s better than going to Tesco, again.

https://www.krad-vagabunden.de/

0bd42a61010abc3b59b6537f0c3ee398.png

c0e9def442d1bf2bd7eb739a5e771bc0.jpg

662980db4e3d25bdeda5842a2d834d8d.jpg

ed4a2b3ce46f4da695032909ba6dddb4.jpg

c91bcb3de476894c537b9f8313f73e2a.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Richard.

My GS is in Motocamp in Bulgaria, a point they appear to have visited. Since I cannot visit Bulgaria yet (UK being red list etc) nor get the bike transported back (Bulgaria Bike transporter quotes ‘Brexit complications’ as a factor), I think it will have to be a spring 2021 visit to fettle the bike and do a local tour, to check the bike is up to a later outing to Samarkand ….so this article is a good input.

And on that topic:

I am trying to locate a good independent mechanic in Bulgaria or Romania to service my old 1150GS….not found anything searching the HUBB or t’internet generally.

So can the accumulated wisdom of UKGSer provide any information on this?

Thanks!
Simon

And on that topic:

I am trying to locate a good independent mechanic in Bulgaria or Romania to service my old 1150GS….not found anything searching the HUBB or t’internet generally.

So can the accumulated wisdom of UKGSer provide any information on this?

Thanks!
Simon

Will ask a mate of mine (Romanian) and also ask his comments on the Cluj based recommendation from Wapping.

Simon,

My Romanian biker buddy, Mircea, suggests the following for BMW. The website is not in English, but perhaps give them an email or call? If you need someone to translate (though most guys will speak good English), I can out you in touch with Mircea.

Best BMW service I know about is this one: https://www.mototehnica.ro/articole/service-moto.html

Geo Tim: thank you very much for this! Who knows, we might finally get to meet up some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And actually I can work out most of the website from my knowledge of French and Spanish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom