Denali Soundbomb Brake and ABS Protection

Cyber

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Interested to know how you guys are protecting the front brake and ABS cables when the soundbomb is fitted. The Denali supplied mesh is junk…
Cable ties always on the move and it frays worse than a Bentos pie!

Attachments

• 03CEFD4F-7423-426A-B781-E97BE5FE6C7D.jpg
    03CEFD4F-7423-426A-B781-E97BE5FE6C7D.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 299
I use a piece of garden hose attached with cable ties, not pretty but can't see it unless you look under.

Attachments

• IMG_2890 (1).jpeg
    IMG_2890 (1).jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 277
Interested to know how you guys are protecting the front brake and ABS cables when the soundbomb is fitted. The Denali supplied mesh is junk…
Cable ties always on the move and it frays worse than a Bentos pie!

They always do that. The trick is to secure the ends with a heat-shrink tube.

Mine sits on the LH side of the cockipt/ beak...

no cables to worry about :)

Like the hose idea, do the cable ties give enough purchase onto the brake cable?
Ordinarily I would heat shrink the ends, as pointed out it as good as impossible in this circumstance.

Like the hose idea, do the cable ties give enough purchase onto the brake cable?
Ordinarily I would heat shrink the ends, as pointed out it as good as impossible in this circumstance.

It's been on there since March and it hasn't moved. It's got another cable tie that you cant see. There's nothing stopping you from putting double sided tape inside the hose though if you needed to.

How do you slip that over?

When using this kind of sleeves, you start out with feeding all the wires, and as you know, one of their wonderful features is that they expand if you compress their length. Once the wires are all in there, it's time to install the heat shrink. (HS)
I usually enter the HS from the end that makes easiest entry, and prior to crimping on the connectors. Some times some of the cables comes with connectors preinstalled, but as the HS at this stage is rather over size, pulling the connector through the HS usually pose no problem as even the cheapest HS shrink 2:1 (pay a bit more will get you a 3:1 or even 4:1). I usually use a length of 3-5 cm each, and allow it to extend 1 cm beyond the sleeve end.

If your cables and sleeves are already installed and your sleeve is not protected at the end, perhaps wrapping vulacanizing may stop the sleeve from further damage.

I've just wrapped tesa tape around the offending part of the brake braid. But perhaps I am missing the point (every chance).

When using this kind of sleeves, you start out with feeding all the wires, and as you know, one of their wonderful features is that they expand if you compress their length. Once the wires are all in there, it's time to install the heat shrink. (HS)
I usually enter the HS from the end that makes easiest entry, and prior to crimping on the connectors. Some times some of the cables comes with connectors preinstalled, but as the HS at this stage is rather over size, pulling the connector through the HS usually pose no problem as even the cheapest HS shrink 2:1 (pay a bit more will get you a 3:1 or even 4:1). I usually use a length of 3-5 cm each, and allow it to extend 1 cm beyond the sleeve end.

If your cables and sleeves are already installed and your sleeve is not protected at the end, perhaps wrapping vulacanizing may stop the sleeve from further damage.

Your right but that would involve disconnecting brake hose and ABS cable…

Why not use some spiral hydraulic hose protector. Just wrap it round and it holds itself in place.
Darren

Back
Top Bottom