Twin spark wiring harness anyone?

loris199

Reaction score
Good afternoon gents,

i am going to tidy up my 1987 G/S wiring harness. Bike has silent hektik dual plug upgrade so coils took connectors space in the right side of the frame.
At this stage i just removed and released the taping and i am thinking about optimizing the layout, considering that i am going to leave the bike modified as it is (1000cc, 40mm Bings).
Is there anyone who did something similar, to take some inspiration?
thank you!

IMG20210826173445.jpg

work out what you need , find a home for it , repeat till nothing is left. then you can start to remove wires that you aren't going to use .

location.... Italy, it's a big place .

If it was my bike,
I’d consider,relocating the coils and replacing the loom with standard oem or pattern.
The standard G/s loom is about as simple and tidy as it gets.
Chopping and changing will make life difficult with standard replacement parts,it may introduce unreliabllity and will devalue the bike.

If it was my bike,
I’d consider,relocating the coils and replacing the loom with standard oem or pattern.
The standard G/s loom is about as simple and tidy as it gets.
Chopping and changing will make life difficult with standard replacement parts,it may introduce unreliabllity and will devalue the bike.

i will consider also this solution for sure. Bike is a Paris Dakar 999 so for sure it would be worth to keep it as stock as possible

Get a new g/s loom from motorworks. As mikey boy said, it’s a simple loom.

Back
Top Bottom