XT (or other Garmin) changes a Kurviger route - How to fix the problem

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies to Wapping et all if I’m going over old ground.
I’m on a trip so have been playing with Kurviger to plan routes on iPad Pro then send to my XT via exporting through Garmin Drive.
This all works fine, until the XT gets hold of it and then recalculates the route !!
I’ve got my XT avoidances set to avoid motorways and also am using ‘shortest route’ but the route exported to the XT is not the same as shown on Kurviger.
Is there any way to stop the XT recalculating the exported route ?
The only other option I can see is to add numerous waypoints in Kurviger to force the XT to follow a similar route, if that makes sense.

Evskij has sussed it !!
What you need to do is select ‘Garmin Shaping Points ‘ from the drop down menu :

09bcd86e097f7b819728c1de3c04576c.jpg

dcf5b1e52ec0fee3c5c0bb08f18a2a9b.jpg

And then tick the ‘count’ tab and type in 200

d2b043c0478a5d877ab2119ab5d8a1f3.jpg

And then the Kurviger route will be transferred to the XT totally as is :

102c22641000ce58a8da3a43e76cb08e.jpg

Edited and made a sticky.

Thank you (and Evskij, of course) for sharing the very clear answer.

Richard

Bit of a thread resurrection but this seems most relevant thread I could find:-

Doing a bit of europe in a few weeks so used Kurviger to create route for each day from hotel to hotel etc.

They look fine on kurviger but in saving as .gpx it all goes a bit Pete Tong!
I have followed the advice above and got the route up in Basecamp.

I also tried the export track and route options with and without names with medium additional waypoints points

I have also used the gpxshaping.de tool which seems to work quite well.

Problem seems to be within Basecamp, the route will differ from the track is small but significant ways, ie following the track to a particular shaping point then routing back up and round almost like a diversion or road closed situation. I have tried pulling the shaping points together with a little success and inserted waypoints with less success. Why does it do this??, very frustrating!!

I tried getting basecamp to convert a track to a route but that simply sticks in start and finish waypoints and calcs between, my worry being that the chaps I'm going with will all calculate differing routes from such basic data.

I need to create the routes specific enough to work across Various Navigators, my Zumo 590 and a mates TomTom something

If you know of the best way( I realise it may not be perfect) then I'd be most grateful to hear it

I would post images of what I'm talking about but don't know how to from the PC (windows10)

Any help/advise would be welcomed

I was a great advocate for Kurvinger in the day. Now I've got the zumo XT , as you have, I go for Garmin Explore. Download it and it's dead easy to make up a route and send to the XT.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Lowflyer, I don't actually have an XT yet, I'm still on a Zumo 590, any idea if Garmin Explore may work with that?
I kinda like the way I can create routes in Kurviger with differing profiles for each bit but tx to zumo via Basecamp is a royal PITA!!

Thanks Lowflyer, I don't actually have an XT yet, I'm still on a Zumo 590, any idea if Garmin Explore may work with that?
I kinda like the way I can create routes in Kurviger with differing profiles for each bit but tx to zumo via Basecamp is a royal PITA!!

No I don't think it works with the 590.
However I used to transfer from Kurviger to my old garmin without the need to go through basecamp. Pretty much the same way as Arsey has set out in his post.
Kurviger is good, very manageable I found.

Back
Top Bottom