advise on a bluetooth helmet unit

fizzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
at the moment i have a freedcom ,its crap ,i could do with one that must be able to bluetooth the music from my phone to my ear peice.
but i need one that is easy to use and have a good noise level especialy when i take phone call,realy so i can ride at 70/80mph and still conduct a conversation ,oh and i like my music loud .no pillion unit needed ,i dont want to listern to her.
any advise on a unit to buy
cheers ian

Just did 300 miles from aviemore to cairnryan boat on Monday. Took phonecalls all day and everybody thought I was in my office.

I have an I Phone 8 ( with the volume setting on high) and a Neotec 2 Sena SRL. Expensive but very good. And the music sound is good even with earplugs in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Packtalk Bold here with some Etymotic Ear Buds. Great sound quality and masses of volume.

thanks very much for the info ,so its either a packtalk or a sena ,i cant be doing with this cheep thing .

I use a Sena SRL in my Neotec 2 but if I was buy a stand alone unit for a helmet I'd look at Cardo just because its waterproof where the Sena isn't.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I use a Sena SRL in my Neotec 2 but if I was buy a stand alone unit for a helmet I'd look at Cardo just because its waterproof where the Sena isn't.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Depends on the Sena model. A few of us have been using SMH 10's for 5 or 6 years with no problems whatsoever. Another couple of friends have had the Sena 20 and they fill with water.

I’ve been doing a lot of ‘research’ on this subject this past week as want to upgrade mine. I’ve got Sena but for me the one that consistently seems to be acknowledged as the best, is the cardo pack talk.

Plenty of you tube videos available to help you decide….

thanks very much for the info ,so its either a packtalk or a sena ,i cant be doing with this cheep thing .

easy packtalk is waterproof and guaranteed the sena is not either, simple choice really

I have the Cardo Freecom 4+ bold on one helmet and a Packtalk Bold on another, both plenty loud enough and work well but of course, the Packtalk has mesh mode so better for connecting to other mesh enabled units.

I’ve 5 Sena 10u’s Arai
Work great but we’ve shelved them as they won’t work now with the newer helmets we have.
No real difference to the Cardo in Bluetooth and in fact better connection.
Only bonus to the Cardo is Mesh

Back
Top Bottom