RSVR Mille

I've put a fair few miles on mine since getting it last week and cannot wipe the smile from my face after each ride. Swapped yesterday to a mate's Ducati 900SS which seemed anaemic by comparison but it was a shock to fell how light and easy the Duke was to ride in comparison with the rider input needed on the Mille. I guess learning to ride them and getting used to that brutal low and mid power delivery is part of the attraction. Engine braking is phenomenal compared with the GS. There may be more sophisticated and much faster bikes made today but few give you the exhilaration you experience with a Mille. Fantastic bikes...every biker should own one once.

If I remember correctly, I had to pull the forks up through the yokes so there was about 12-15mm of fork leg sticking out of the top yoke, this made it turn a bit quicker, but you still had to weight the pegs quite a bit as well?

Okay, it's a "plain" Mille rather than an R but it gives me a thrill just to look at it. :D

And bloody agony when I ride it. :(

But I don't think I'd ever part with it. :hug

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_185913.jpg
    IMG_20200723_185913.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 165
I wonder how it compares to the R1200s of similar vintage?

There is an 2007 Gen 2 RSV 1000 R Factory Mille Gold for sale at around 7k, looks gorgeous

Of all the litre sports bikes I had, the factory mille was the one I hated the most yet I owned two Tuono's and absolutely loved both of them.

Of all the litre sports bikes I had, the factory mille was the one I hated the most yet I owned two Tuono's and absolutely loved both of them.

Why, was it so tortuous? It is ten years since I had a spin on one around Connemara, not the best roads admittedly, but I thought it was a hoot! albeit the riding position was an awful lot less comfortable than the 2010 Anniversary 1200 GSA.

Looks beautiful.

Why, was it so tortuous? It is ten years since I had a spin on one around Connemara, not the best roads admittedly, but I thought it was a hoot! albeit the riding position was an awful lot less comfortable than the 2010 Anniversary 1200 GSA.

Looks beautiful.
It never went into neutral, it was hugely uncomfortable, despite having all singing all dancing ohlins it was harsh as fuck to ride, just never got on with it.

It never went into neutral, it was hugely uncomfortable, despite having all singing all dancing ohlins it was harsh as fuck to ride, just never got on with it.

Can't comment on the neutral issue, and although comfort is a moot point on a bike where the handlebars are at virtually the same height as the seat, the "base model" non R Mille is actually more compliant and a nicer road bike than the essentially race spec R version.
Having heavier wheels (and to me better looking, too) helps make the ordinary Mille nicer on the road as well.

Not a bad looking bike though, particularly back in 2002.....mine back then ...apologies for crap picture

Attachments

• 2006-08-24 10.57.20.jpg
    2006-08-24 10.57.20.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 90
My old Mille with my old 990 KTM. I used to sell the Tigcraft Japan exhausts for these for a few years back at the turn of the century - very popular at the time....

Attachments

• IMG_20130106_144127.jpg
    IMG_20130106_144127.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 85

Back
Top Bottom