Throwing myself at your mercies

semmyroundel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not a GS owner, never will be (I'm a short inside leg, 5'9" tall bloke and have tried to sit on my mate's GS1150 with hilarious results).
However, I own a 2018 Super Tenere ZE and a Harley Nightster (sportster), both 1200's, and have been riding for 40 years and love long distance riding, in fact I can't just go to Box hill or Newland's corner any more as they are too close and mundane, but still do as I get virtually no time to do anything else.
I belong to a couple of S10 forums and do not understand the GS-bashing that goes on there!

I personally don't subscribe to ANY of that malarkey, a bike's a bike nad life's too short to worry about who's riding what.

I remember the words of a lifelong biker that saw me go out in the rain on one of my early Honda 90's when he said: It doesn't matter what you ride, just do it-you're still a biker.
Now of course we celebrate Noraly on her Himalayan 400 and even that guy who circumnavigates the globe on his Honda 90!

I came here by a post that celebrated Tim's Mongolian adventures (that was on an S10 forum too).

I was always wanted to travel the Pamir highway, so have read that three times.

You seem like a nice non-judgemental type here, so here goes......throwing myself at your mercies... should I post a pic of my bike even though it's not a GS?

Lots on here who don’t own a gs or any other bike so welcome. Yes, post a pic :thumb

You seem like a nice non-judgemental type here, so here goes......throwing myself at your mercies... should I post a pic of my bike even though it's not a GS?

oh yes we are .........................................................................we show none .............................yeah go on then . :D

Hello. I have not owned a GS since 2011. I do own other BMWs.

I've owned an R1150GS and a mk1 Super Ten. I didn't see there was much difference in ride height. I've ridden more recent versions of the GS and get on fine with most, apart from the very leggy versions.

I'm only 5'8" but I do have a 31" inside leg, just no neck or I would be 6 foot :p

However, my R1200RS is a better bike for my height.

Greetings & welcome to the forum.

As mentioned, plenty of people on here that don't own a GS or BMW.

Dive right in, the water is always warm (might be a bit hotter in the B&B - beak chat & bollox section).

And yes....post pictures, we all like pictures :D

Welcome along, you aren't the only one who doesn't own a GS. At some point I'll scratch the itch and will buy a GSA but every time I get off the S10 I have a grin on my face so it might take a good while yet!

Glad you liked Tim's trip report

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Welcome along, you aren't the only one who doesn't own a GS. At some point I'll scratch the itch and will buy a GSA but every time I get off the S10 I have a grin on my face so it might take a good while yet!

Glad you liked Tim's trip report

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Yoyo, it was your posting the link to Tim's RR that brought me here, that and the fact that we're from the same part of the world (me, Bridgend, Ogmore and Cardiff, then moved to London).
I was happy to subscribe here as there seems to be a wealth of info, especially concerning travels to that part of the world.
Luckily on the S10 forum we both belong to, there isn't that much GS-hating going on.
I will be asking here about planning for a central asia trip, and judging by the amount of pre-planning that seems evident (visas and the like) I'm starting early.

Thank you. I eschewed the 'normal' Harley look of chrome everywhere, as I like the agricultural sound and feel of the engine, plus it has loads of torque.
Been to Spain and back 3 times with it, twice with son on the back.
Now it's the proper adventure bike's turn..

Back
Top Bottom