Fat Boy Pillions?

boxer

Like Newton - only stupid
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fat Boys keep popping up on the radar as a possible replacement for my RT.
A happy pillion is very important.

FB owners, how have your pillions liked the ride on your bike?

Thanks.:thumb2

:thumb

If a FB is purchased then a Sundowner will be going on. I had one on an Electra Glide and it genuinely all day comfortable, just as well really as Harley can’t be arsed sticking a viable pillion seat even on touring bikes.

If a FB is purchased then a Sundowner will be going on. I had one on an Electra Glide and it genuinely all day comfortable, just as well really as Harley can’t be arsed sticking a viable pillion seat even on touring bikes.

I don't think it's that they can't be bothered, it's just that they want to sell you another seat for £350. It's all about "stripped down and blacked out" (or whatever) which basically means you have to buy more bits for it to work correctly if you want to take a pillion in any semblance of comfort.

I use mine as a solo bike , std seats. The brother came on as pillion once fir a short ride, didn’t enjoy it .

Keep the RT and buy a Harley.

The FB isn’t a “touring bike”…. Harley will tell you that…. The “touring range” have plenty comfortable pillion seats….

I’m thinking the Road King would be a good choice but having the speedo/warning lights so low might be difficult to get used to. Only available in 107” and no advance abs an’ stuff.

The Road King Special, same potential warning lights issue but it does have the 114 motor and the advanced abs and a few other tricks I’d like.

Fat Boy, 114, posh abs and warning light higher up in speedo as opposed to underneath as RK and it’s £2k cheaper than RKS

Not sure I need fast a tourer now as I enter my twilight yrs.

Due to test a R18 tomorrow if dry and tbh the R18 B variant would be a real contender if it wasn’t for the stupid weight. I’m loathe to leave the RTs TFT and navigation.

Back
Top Bottom